Black candle jars

Guest OldGlory

Maybe a type of glass paint would work. Just make sure you paint the outside and that it;s nonflammable when it's dry. You would really have to read the fine print for this type of application.

There are some 10 oz black jars on candlemakingsupplies.net, for some reason I can't post the link.  hth

Hmm, I just searched their entire jar collection and all I saw were the black lids. 

I would think that if you did end up finding any somewhere, they would be so expensive, that it wouldn't be worth it but that's JMO. 

It won't let me copy the link either

It's thru Genwax- their candle making supplies is the link above from simply fragrant- they used to be called monticiano black jars and they had other sizes....now they are called painted black jars- 10oz

Sisters who used to post on here used these jars for her gentleman line

I know. They have some really cool looking jars!

The lowest minimum I could see was the black jar w/lid  for US $ .2-5 for 500 for this one:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Black-candle-jars-with-glass-lids_1000456248.html

Am I reading that price right? That comes to about $125 for 500 jars at 25 cents a piece. Or if that reads .25 cents to .50 cents the high price would be $250. The price varies and you have to contact them for the current market price. Don't know how much shipping would cost you from China but my guess is it isn't cheap. But for that price it may be worth it.

It could be that the 'low' price is for ordering in larger quantities.

Edited by Candybee

It won't let me copy the link either

It's thru Genwax- their candle making supplies is the link above from simply fragrant- they used to be called monticiano black jars and they had other sizes....now they are called painted black jars- 10oz

Sisters who used to post on here used these jars for her gentleman line

Ohh, Genwax, that's why I couldn't find it. Genwax and C&S are two separate companies, and I was looking up candlesandsupplies.net, not candlemakingsupplies.net. My bad. oops...

Let's see if this works -

http://www.candlemakingsupplies.net/glass--gift-boxes--container-jars--lids/glass-containers---jars/cate_104/p___P0948548.html 

post-200-0-62498500-1421959438_thumb.jpg

I am registered with Alibaba so I sent an inquiry on price and shipping

I love those jars but never could bring myself to buy them they are so expensive thru general wax- I would have to charge 20 a candle or more

If you get a price quote do you mind sharing? I realize that its only an estimate but a ball park figure would help. If you don't want to share I understand.

I'm not sure how much use this information would be to you guys, but in Australia; most people these days buy their jars from natural candle supply (naturalcandlesupply.com.au).  They apparently run their own glass manufacturer in China, and they call it lotusglassware. (lotusglassware.com/).

It could be worth writing to them and buying from them direct if a few of you are interested.