Found 2 different Teakwoods. Can't decide.

jackbenimble

I'm looking for a good Teakwood FO for soy and saw that WSP has two.

Indonesian teakwood & mahogany teakwood

How do they compare and have can you give me a review if you have used them?

Also is there another supplier that carries and teakwood scent?

Btw- I have tried Caribbean teakwood from CS and its a wonderful FO but so light I can't smell it in my soy wax and it was curing a month.

I also saw that CW has a teakwood as well.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

I was going to suggest Carribbean Teakwood from Candle Science. I really love that one. How much are you using? It has a pretty strong throw to me.

I am using 1/2oz for 8oz of wax. I wonder if I can or should go up because this is such a lovely scent. There are several reviews on the CS site that some testers said it was very light.

I use CS' Caribbean Teakwood in palm wax and it is blow the doors off the house strong at only a few days cure at 6%.  It is interesting how FOs respond to different waxes!  

Edited by pcbrook

There are some reviews on CS website that their teakwood does not throw well in their soy. Shame because its a beautiful scent. I use palm too and it does throw like the dickens! I will be adding it to my line this spring.

Edited by Candybee

Well I broke down and purchased both the mahogany teakwood and Indonesian Teakwood from WSP. Had to because of their $40 min on orders. Hopefully one will work for the blend I want and I'll use the other by itself. I've used a couple of FO from WSP before in 464 soy and they have worked well. Hope these do too. To fingers crossed!

Well I broke down and purchased both the mahogany teakwood and Indonesian Teakwood from WSP. Had to because of their $40 min on orders. Hopefully one will work for the blend I want and I'll use the other by itself. I've used a couple of FO from WSP before in 464 soy and they have worked well. Hope these do too. To fingers crossed!

Please,  I would love to hear what you think of these two scents when you get them! :)

Indonesian Teakwood is an old fragrance. It is a beautiful fragrance. I first used it from the old Green Leaf company and then from Just By Nature and so on. It is a floral with a woody undertone and it is stout. A little goes a long way in most applications. It is skin safe and I have customers who only buy this fragrance. It's very perfumery but not overwhelming; unless you use too much. HTH

Steve

Indonesian Teakwood is an old fragrance. It is a beautiful fragrance. I first used it from the old Green Leaf company and then from Just By Nature and so on. It is a floral with a woody undertone and it is stout. A little goes a long way in most applications. It is skin safe and I have customers who only buy this fragrance. It's very perfumery but not overwhelming; unless you use too much. HTH

Steve

Thank you Steve. That info was very helpful. I'm looking forward to smell these both.