Fresh mowed hay

Daisymay66

So I'd have to wonder what a grass and hay combo would be like. There's a hayrack ride fragrance (I only pick up the hay out of it) from BCN. I believe they still have it. Couple that with a fresh grass smell and it might work for the person who wants it. I can't make that combo to test it as when I make the hayrack ride one I sneeze non-stop so I use it very sparingly. 

• 1 month later...

My friend who grew up on a farm also loves the smell. She loves the New Mown Hay from Sweetcakes.

DaisyMae I hope this is not too late.....but I totally agree w/Azsunset!  My computer had died in December and I just came across this thread. I did a blend of Sweetcakes New Mown Hay, Dirt from WSP and Fresh Cut Grass from Fillmore......it smelled fresh, outdoorsy, a little ozony.....just perfect and so wonderful.....absolutely the closest to a Hayfield scent I will ever get.  I had tried BCN Hayride before, but to me it does not smell anything like a Hayfield. Sweetcakes's is perfect! :)

Hey DaIsymay!! :)

The WSP Dirt smells exactly like dirt....it really adds that awesome soil smell. It would probably also add a wonderful touch to a rain scent. The Sweetcake scents are wonderful....more expensive, but WORTH the money. I first ordered from them last Fall. I have been on their site this weekend planning my Spring order. Their Champaca Bamboo is an awesome fresh, non floral, green, clean scent and is one of the scents I will be ordering. Look at each of their scents .....some of them have wonderful blends which I am also going to try. Their Strawberry, Twilight Woods (have tried several - THIS ONE IS IT...just beautiful ) , Black Raspberry and Kiwi are wonderful, and like I said they have the very best Fresh Mown Hay I have ever found......I even ordered the World's Best Egyptian Musk (small bottle :) ) just because of the write up they have on it so I was intrigued....it is wonderful also! I have a goal to make more B&B product this year and their scents will lift my product up to the standards I want to be at. There are several other scents that I will be ordering also from them that I see several folks from this blog have suggested. It seems I cannot go wrong on any scent I order from them. The ones I have ordered are definitely top of the line. Hope this helps you Daisymay! I love that Spring/Summer is just around the corner! :) I wish wonderful good things for all of our businesses in the coming year. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Daisymay, I braved the cold of the Candle Cave (Brrr) and went to get the recipe that I used this Fall....good thing we write these recipes down because I had forgot my exact recipe....ekkk! :)  Here's the recipe and it does smell awesome! I call it Autumn Hayride: .30 New Mown Hay (Sweetcakes), .40 Autumn Leaves (BCN/Bubbles N Lights/Type) - Best I have found for a leaves smell), .10 Dirt (WSP), .10 Fresh Cut Grass (Fillmore) and .10 Egyptian Musk (Sweetcakes).  Hope you try this out next Fall. It is a wonderful scent! :) I wanted a "hay" color for this candle and this is the recipe I used ....COLOR recipe if you use liquid colorants PER LB OF WAX: 1 drop of Yellow and 1/2 drop of Ivory  (I get my liquid colors from Cajun Candles and have used them since I started my business in 2000....love them ) :) I would love to hear what you and your customer thinks of this scent if you do decide to order. :)

Edited by puma52