wicking 6006

Has anyone tried Peak's Cotton wicks with this wax? That is what they suggest to use...just curious if anyone has had any luck with them? Also what percentage FO do those of you that use this wax use? I played with it years ago and used CD wicks and all my notes tell me that I had horrible mushrooms AND smoke AND soot but awesome HT and CT. I am toying with the thought of trying again. 

I've only made a few candles but some of the advice I got from experienced chandlers on here was to use zinc wicks with this wax. What I've made so far, I've liked and they did mushroom but no worse than a popular store brand I had burned alongside mine.

• Like 1

I use this wax and depending on the FO I use cotton, CD or eco wicks. All of them mushroom to some point. I don't mind it unless it's really bad. Customers want a very strong candle and that is what I give them along with instructions on how to properly burn them. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...