Standard, Ultra or Extreme with Save On Scents?

Belinda

Standard Fruit FOs - SOS grade

Rare Fruit FOs - Ultra grade

Novelty FOs - Extreme grade

Bread/Bakery FOs - Ultra grade

Spices - SOS grade

Traditional Floral - SOS grade

Powder/Floral blends - Ultra or Extreme grade

Musks - SOS grade

Cologne/Perfume Dupes - Extreme grade

• Like 3

I ordered a bunch of Sc**tsy dupes from them a few years ago in SOS grade and was very disappointed.  Could not get to throw well and most did not smell like Scentsy at all, IMO.  I just tried them again a month ago and ordered the extreme grade.

Here is what I ordered:

Autumn Sunset - extreme grade - dud!!! Little CT or HT

Winter Wonderland - extreme grade - OK - mint chocolate - but like other ones just as well -  not worth the price, IMO

Spiced Grapefruit - extreme grade -  strong, but not my cup of tea - smells like public restroom to me - but others like it

Amber Romance - extreme - strong and wonderful !!!

Brown Sugar Fig - extreme - AWESOME - Strong and yummy!  I love this fragrance and have had trouble finding one that throws.  This one throws great!!!

I would reorder Amber Romance and Brown Sugar Fig. It's just hit and miss - like any other Supplier. :) Oh, and BTW, I did use 6% instead of my normal 10% in tarts.

Edited by ktaggard
  • Like 1

Hi Belinda, the SOS and Ultra Grades are diluted with a carrier (probably di-propylene glycol) so unless you are using them for a body oil and don't want to choose your carrier there is no point in buying anything other than Extreme (which is simply Fragrance Oil like most other companies sell!).

I buy a lot from SOS and always get sniffie samples first. I have some really nice ones from them - especially dupes - but have found their fruity ones to be mostly horrible. I don't know why that is  :huh:

• Like 1

I believe they use a base of PG with a little Benzyl benzoate and Dioctyl adipate for fixation and to facilitate better mixing in a wider range of wax bases. The issue I have with them is quite simply over the years their product quality has gone down tremendously -- partly due to IFRA regs but I suspect mostly to save a buck or two. Strong FOs are a hard thing to source these days which is a shame because their Scent Library is truly amazing. I wish I could say the same for their FOs. Extreme Grade is best but you can still use SOS and Ultra in candles you just need to evaluate each scent as you would when trying any new supplier. Their Sniffee (3/4th dram of Extreme Grade FO) Samples program is a great option for trying their FOs without spending a fortune. I still use them on a regular basis but you really got to weed out the duds to find a great fragrance. They have a lot to offer. 

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where to buy the strongest scents?.Does anyone know if a company says there fragrances are 100% uncut does that mean they are strong? I am looking for a company that if you smell there fragrances they will blow you out the water.I have ordered so many samples they are like water.Can someone help me? They have this company that sells candles they are so strong they will blow you out of your chair.I know they sell fragrances like this but where?HELP!!!. 

On February 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM, littletimeasweknowit said:

Does anyone know where to buy the strongest scents?.Does anyone know if a company says there fragrances are 100% uncut does that mean they are strong? I am looking for a company that if you smell there fragrances they will blow you out the water.I have ordered so many samples they are like water.Can someone help me? They have this company that sells candles they are so strong they will blow you out of your chair.I know they sell fragrances like this but where?HELP!!!. 

I am thinking that many companies use toxic additives to create such strong scent that they send you out of the chair...I know that mixing DOA can really enhance the scent, but I am worried about inhaling those chemicals! I have tried about 10 FO providers, and I think Candle Cocoon has the strongest scents so far.  Flaming Candle and Candle Science are a little hit-and-miss, but good choices. Regarding Save On Scents, I agree with the above poster that the quality has deteriorated and I feel like the FO I loved is often chemical smelling and weird.  The Extreme quality can be difficult ti work with; I prefer the Ultra.

• 2 weeks later...