Suggestions for a "wedding dress" soap??

Jcandleattic

To couple a soap with my "Sharp Dressed Man" soap, I would like to do some sort of white "dress" type soap, or even have it vaguely resemble a wedding dress. (It's been suggested several times since showing off my tuxedo soap - I just have no idea where to start) 

I have the beads, and I know it should be white, but other than that, I'm stumped as to how it should actually look. Like what type of embellishments on the face of the soap itself. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

TIA

Thanks Trappeur! 

I thought of lace - but couldnt' figure out how I'd attach it to the soap and how people would use the soap with lace on it. 

Maybe place the lace on the bar then put mica on that like a stencil? Something like that with silver mica? might be worth a try, but then I'd be worried about rubbing it off with handling. 

I thought of doing piping also, but once the bar is cut, getting the rosette piping to stick to the bar would be tricky... Again with the handling of the bars. 

In theory the making the bar and using these techniques are a good idea, it's the execution and the follow-up handling of the bar that has me perplexed. LOL 

I know nothing about making soaps Jc.....lol...so when you ask about embellishments, do you mean something like a wax embed where it becomes a soap and  you actually use it, the whole soap with the embellishments?

Trappeur

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

The things that come to mind for wedding dress are:

lace

pearls

veil

garter

satin

sparkles (beads sewn onto the gown)

You know what would be cute? A veil/train coming off the top of the soap. Some inexpensive white netting would work.

There is a soap that I have seen that looks like it's has painted bearded iris on it, but it's painted with soap. I'm trying to find that so I can look at it and try to figure out the technique. Maybe I'll just wing it and try it just going by memory... LOL 

I want the bars to not only be pretty and look good together, but I want them to be functional, without the end user to have to go through a lot of trouble to use them (aka - removing items from the soap, having rosebuds fall off and float in the water - things like that I'd like to avoid)

I don't know. Maybe I'm asking for too much out of a bar of soap? LOL  

Found it. 

I think I will try this method (even though it kind of looks like a PITA) and try and do a lace pattern, embellishing with candy pearls. :)

(start watching at about the 6:00 - 6:27 mark) 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

You know how you made the 2 color black/white tux? Can you do something that resembles an hourglass type figure? then you could have a single color line for a 'belt' like baby blue or whatever accent color you want. I think I would get some tiny flower shaped cake decorating confetti and put those around the 'hem' of the dress and maybe the neckline? do you remember Cinderella's ball gown the little mice made for her before it was torn up by her jealous step sisters? LOL I think a similar type of design would be very nice.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

If I were to try for a Lacey effect. I would not use a log mold. I would use a large silicone cake liner with a lace or floral design. Lay on the bottom of your mold. Pour your soap, and maybe you could find a dress shaped cookie cutter and cut out your soaps. Just an idea.

• Like 1