Cow Pillars

You could always do an ice pillar with white wax and then fill with black wax... 

Or you could take some black wax and somehow try to affix it to the inside of the mold, and then do an over-pour, or you could do a black chunk candle with a white over-pour. However, that one you would have to have oblong and odd shaped chunks. 

I say the ice candle would probably be the best way to achieve it. 

• Like 1

Yes. It was done as an ice pillar. I used the standard size ice cube trays to make my ice. You know the big blocky ice cubes you make from those cheap plastic ice cube trays? I wanted bigger 'holes' in my pillar.

I poured the the white or uncolored wax first over the ice filling my pillar. Once the wax was cooled, I tipped it over and let all the water drain out.

Once I was fairly certain it was dry, I poured the dark brown colored wax over it. The dark colored wax fills in the holes and because the ice created uneven holes they came out looking like cow spots. I thought it was very cool looking.

• Like 1