Weekend fun?

Is anyone doing any weekend playing around with either wax or oils? (Candlemaking or Soapmaking?) 

Unfortunately I will most likely not be doing much. I have to go get a back tooth (back molar) pulled tomorrow and don't anticipate really doing much of anything over the weekend. I typically never have problems with dental work (had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time, and 2 other teeth pulled at various times) but you just never know. So IF I feel up to it, I will make something simple, because I don't want to be in the middle of something intricate and all of a sudden feel like crap. LOL 

I will probably get my craft show kit put together this weekend. That's relatively easy with just folding boxes and boxing up everything that is cured, poured, labeled and ready to go. Getting all my business cards/hand outs ready, stuff like that. 

This will be the first time ever I have a banner for my table, so I'll have to try and figure out how to attach that and make it look decent. 

But, anyway, I want to live vicariously through you guys. 

So... What do y'all have planned? 

My son has a plays tonight I will be attending. The drama club is doing 3 one act plays, my son is tech director of the first and has a role in the third play of the night. The show will run for 3 nights.

This weekend I will be bouncing back and forth between a fall festival and dog shows. My son is in the parade Saturday morning. He is also in the talent show Sunday. So getting anything really accomplished is not going to happen.

At least Monday I can rest. LOL

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I plan on playing in wax this weekend! I ordered some square pillar molds and some cool dyes from Peak this week, so that's first on my agenda. Then I ordered some new large jars that I will be doing with soy wax and wood wicks. Reminds me - I have to go get some wood wicks, lol. That may be a next week project now that I think about it.

When they are done I'll get a picture of each color to add to my brochure. I spent the week taking pictures and working on text for a brochure. Haven't had one in years and I think it's time.

My husband will be home this weekend, so not sure how much I'll get done. Why is it that I can get so much more done when he isn't here?? LOL!!

Same here! I seem to be more productive when I have an empty house than with people there - even though when I'm in the basement nobody comes down there, so it's no different - but yet, it is... LOL 

And even though the house will be empty this weekend, I think it will be a good weekend for rest since at this point I really have no idea how I'll feel... 

Ugh. I hate getting teeth pulled!

Good luck to all of you with shows!!

I am hoping to work on the huge list of new lip balms that I've been wanting to get out for fall.     Plus adding more sugar scrubs and body butters.

I also got some new fragrances in so I hope to put those in some sort of product.  :)

Ugh. I hate getting teeth pulled!

Good luck to all of you with shows!!

I am hoping to work on the huge list of new lip balms that I've been wanting to get out for fall.     Plus adding more sugar scrubs and body butters.

I also got some new fragrances in so I hope to put those in some sort of product.  :)

I hate it too. My teeth are so bad, I should just yank them all and get implants! UGH 

It's not as if I don't take care of them either. Just genetics I guess. My mom's side for the most part all have bad teeth too. Oh well, I'm getting it taken care of now so it doesn't break off worse. anyway...

One of these days I may try lip balms again. My first attempt years ago was an utter failure and I haven't ventured into them again. It might be time. 

I have a 5lb batch of lotion that I need to separate, scent and bottle up for my show next week. Not sure when that's going to get done. Maybe Friday? IDK....