A Knitted Scarf

7 Pawz

I am a beginning knitter, self taught, I knitted this scarf out of a bulky yarn, used size 13 needles,  it is very thick for a frigid winter.  This is thicker than I normally work with, but I decided to see how itd work out after it was blocked.

post-3542-0-41791900-1409848342_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I can crochet, but I've tried to teach myself to knit. LOL yeah, didn't work so well. I can do a basic knit stitch for wash cloths but that's about it... 

I used to be that way about knitting too.  I tried years ago to knit, didn't work out, so I learned crochet.  Then a few years ago, I decided to try again, its working out better this time around.

Its very pretty. Love you colors.

I tried knitting once. Drove me nuts. So a bit later I tried crocheting. I liked it but was lousy at it and it also drove me nuts. I know lots of people knit or crochet because it relaxes them. For me all I can think about is how many more stitches to finish over and over and over until I go berserk.

Its very pretty. Love you colors.

I tried knitting once. Drove me nuts. So a bit later I tried crocheting. I liked it but was lousy at it and it also drove me nuts. I know lots of people knit or crochet because it relaxes them. For me all I can think about is how many more stitches to finish over and over and over until I go berserk.

When I saw an afghan someone had made, I decided I wanted to learn how to crochet.  The knitting started because I like the look of sweaters, hats, etc.   I don't know that it relaxes me, I think my goal is just to create.  I love the many colors and textures of different yarns.  But I find the longer the project is, the more I think about those stitches to finish :)