Shampoo Bar recipes?

fabulousfunfur

So since my hemp seed oil soap turned out like a million bucks, I want to make a hemp shampoo bar.

These are the ingredients I have to chose from:

Jojoba

Hemp seed oil (I want to use as much as I can get away with!)

Olive oil

Castor Oil

Cocoa butter

Soybean Oil

Grapeseed Oil

Sweet Almond Oil

Shea butter

Coconut Oil

Palm Oil

Any suggestions? And in what percentages would you say works for you?

The last shampoo bar I made, makes my hair feel greasy, and I don't want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!;)

I just CPHPed a shampoo bar 2 days ago and my mom loved it and it didn't leave my hear feeling greasy like my other try :wink2: . I'll give you what I used....do what you want to it! (and I'm no good with percentages! I'm giving it in ounces:undecided )

.5 oz shea butter,

1 oz sweet almond,

9 oz coconut oil,

9 oz castor,

10.9 oz olive (ran out at that!)

1.5 oz jojoba

With the fragrance I added a little bit of vit E oil. I used it as a bar and my hair felt great! My mom wanted it liquid so I cut the soap into chunks put some water in it (enough to cover the soap) added a little more jojoba, and about 1/2 a tsp of vegetable glycerine.

hope this helps

• 3 months later...
Ok I want to try this but I am a bit of a newbie to the B&B stuff. Since you say that you CPHPed this so does that mean there is lye in it?

yes, lye was an ingredient. lye is what turns the ingredients into soap. no lye, no soap. the lye does its job and leaves.

there are a few cases when the lye stays. not mixing your soap well enough, lye pockets, or using too much lye in your recipe, for examples.

• 1 month later...

I just made a shampoo bar with 4% jojoba and it doesn't make my hair feel greasy at all. I use lots of castor and CO (as well as other stuff) in my bars to make sure I get lots of lather. I think one with hemp would be really nice. I"ll have to try that as well as using Manoi.