Wicks/soot?

I am using a 50/50 mix of GB 464 with IGI 4627.  (Gave up on all soy).  Apart from the 4627 being like a big blob of vaseline, I really like this combo.  Poured beautifully, nice burn, etc.

I decided to go for it, and put 2oz per lb of FO, which is the max for both of these waxes.

I'm using an ECO 10 wick, in an 8oz square mason jar,  which is working well, but around hour 3, the flame gets big, and it starts to soot.  I don't think I could go any smaller without tunneling.

So, my question is, should I seek out a different wick, or is it more likely that I've gone too gung-ho with the FO, and should cut back to the standard 1oz/lb? 

I have some other wicks on hand, so I'd take wick suggestions, too.

Thanks!

I'm definitely going to cut back on FO, but is there another wick recommendation?  I am getting ZERO scent throw with this candle.

I also thought about cutting back on the 4627.  When I used all 464 with a CSN wick, I wasn't thrilled with the look/burn, but the throw was at least good. 

I do have a CD sampler pack, I thought about trying one of those.

I am determined to get this eventually! 

I tried 4627/soy and found nothing there that worked. No matter what percentages or whether I used zinc, cd or lx. If you want to use about 8% fo try 1.25 oz and see if that works for you and try a zinc but forget vanilla based fragrances. You could try a week of curing before testing or just scrap that formula and go with something else.  HTH

Steve