Hey guys! I've been doing countless amount of hrs on finding which companies have the purest form of EO's minus additives and ethyl vanillin. So far it seems Young Living seems to be a great company to go with, but their prices are :shocked2:. I was just curious are EO's the kinda thing that "you get what you pay for"? TIA!

I would never buy anything from Young Living..........their hocus pocus, drink the koolaid crap offends everything I know about EO's. New Directions is where I purchase most of my EO's. The quality is great, along with decent pricing.

Guest OldGlory

Have you checked out DoTerra? I was approached to 'become part of the fold' and sell their EOs - they have everything analyzed for consistent quality. I am still buying most of my EOs from Camden Grey at a fraction of the price, lol.

I am by no means an expert on EOs, but if you take a batch of oranges and make orange EO with it, some of those oranges will be less sweet, some more sweet, and you end up with a inconsistent result because you are dealing with plants/fruits/natural ingredients. You can't make every orange taste the same or smell the same 100% of the time. BUT - I don't really care if they are exactly the same from batch to batch. I want something that smells like oranges, and I want it at a reasonable price. I want to know they process they use (expeller pressing in this case). I want to know the origin of the oranges so I have some idea of what (if any) pesticides were used on the oranges. California or Florida oranges seem fine to me.

The truth is, I want to use the best ingredients I can afford. Kinda like buying a diamond - buy the best you can afford. If you are selling products with essential oils, buy the best oils your customers will pay for.

Plenty of reputable suppliers sell reasonably priced, great quality, uncut essential oils.

As old glory noted, essential oils will not be exactly the same from batch to batch due to many things, like weather, soil, plant, etc. i think of eo's like wine: Some seasons are better than others, but all are pretty darned good.

The suppliers section on this board lists quite a few options.

ChrisR what kinda stuff have you heard about YL? New Directions eo's look really good!

Old Glory, I'll have to check out Camden Grey. I never thought to look there. And your analogy of eo's being like wine makes complete sense!

Tall thank you for your advice! :-)