Rehashing an old topic on Clamshell labels/ vertical position vs horizontal position

Hi everyone, I read the older post on clamshell labeling and I am currently looking into using either the name badge label or the 2x3 Avery. However, my problem is the labels are going in the wrong direction. It's horizontal vs vertical. I need the short side across the box and longer side up and down on the box. Other than Avery Design and print online anyone know of a program that can turn the print on the label? I love Avery Design and print online but for some reason my printer will not print from that program, even though it has all the spec's to. It starts to print then stops. I have exhausted all my efforts to get it to work. I looked into Vista Print, Labels online, Avery, Uline etc and no one carries the label going in the veritcal direction vs horizontal. Any suggestions?

You can turn the print around on Avery Labels, that's the way I do it when I need the print in different direction.

Oh sorry, just saw where you couldn't print from Avery.

Edited by grama

Guest OldGlory

You can try a full sheet that you have to cut. When I make rectangular or square labels I would almost rather use the full sheet method than try to force my design on their format. It really can make a person crazy... or crazier, in my case.

If you have a scanner and a graphics program like Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paint Shop Pro - you could scan the label, erase the wording and then add your own.

I gave up on Avery Templates years ago - now if there's a style of label I want to use, I scan it and then modify it for my own needs. It takes a few extra steps, but it's worth it.