Question about how to remove fragrance oil from bottles to reuse??

theresa t

Is there any way to remove fragrance oil from the bottle they were in so the bottle could be reused? Just curious b/c I have a local candle company that sells me their excess fragrance oils for $5/lb. or if they are discontinuing a fragrance oil they sell to me at the same price. There are times when they have glass apothecary jars they will use to put the oils in & other times I have had new empty plastic containers for fragrance oils. I didn't know if there was a way to clean out my empty bottles so maybe I could use them or not so if anyone can tell me that would be great! Thanks so much for any help with this!!

I'm probably too neurotic, but I find it really tough to reuse plastic unless the scent is really similar. Glass bottles I wash with Dawn and then use straight rubbing alcohol (about an ounce or two) to both finish cleaning and dissipate any water that

may be lingering. I always use new lids unless the scent is really similar.

I just received my order of 48 16 oz. bottles from WSP so for now I'm good on bottles. They didn't cost me that much so I think I will just stick to getting new ones & when I start getting low, place another order. I have a list currently of the oils I can get from them if anyone is interested. I don't have a scent description of them but most of them are pretty normal scents. They buy them in the large drums from a company that we can't buy from unless we are buying in those types of quantities. I'm not sure how much he has of each scent as he has told me he has only a few pounds of some to 25 lbs. or more of others. When I asked him why he was selling these scents they have an account using the "Hershey" line of candles & other retailers that have handpicked the scents they want to carry. When he gets down to 25 lbs. or less of scents he carries in the store that he is going to replace with another scent, he starts selling off the oils. I have bought 3 of them, just to make sure they are good oils & they are. The drums they come out of say "Premium Grade" on them & the supplier starts with an A, it has a Z, N & Y also.....I've never seen this supplier before. I am going back on Monday to get more oils for me so I can write down the name of the supplier.

I found him on craigslist here & actually went to the company where he showed me around his entire operation. I've never been inside such a huge company like this. He was super nice & told me that if I had any questions for him to ask, he would answer them for me if he was able to. He gave me some great ideas as well as solutions to make my candles come out that much better. I was even able to watch them make several candles while I was there.

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in the list of oils, send me a pm. I will let you know what he has. Daisymay66......Yeh I hear ya on how "rough" it is!! LOL!!! I'm willing to pass along my find though!! Price would include cost of bottles also.