What do people like?

Marion

Bakery scents are my favorite but it seems to me that most people (the ones I've sold to anyway) like them best during Thanksgiving and Christmas and then switch to something clean or citrus scented for spring and summer. I would personally buy a bakery scent all year long but it can depend on what's popular in your area too. I live in Texas so leather and leather blends are popular here too.

HTH

Guest OldGlory

It's different for everyone. Belinda is right about the pumpkin pie, spiced cranberry, balsam fir types- they do sell well around the holidays. The rest of the year it's a toss up and differs from region to region.

You can never go wrong with a BBW dupe. So many customers use their products its really easy but not totally fool proof. Vanilla Bean Noel has gone belly up in these parts, as well as warm vanilla sugar. People are on a diet this time of the year and they dont want a fragrance that makes them hungry. Chocolate is a poor seller in this area but you really just have to look at your areas' demographics and snoop a little bit. I wish we could get some of those great BBW fragrances like the Dulce line. HTH

Steve

I have found that what sells for one person in one part of the country ---another person in another part couldn't give it away. People in DE like simple scents....Like baked apple pie, cinnamon, lilac, etc. Complex scents and sometimes "blends" really don't impress them. However, a friend of mine lives in MN and she said that her customers love the complex scents and overlook the "simpler" scents. Go figure. I have been on a buttercream/vanilla kick for some reason; which is odd because I really don't care for those type scents usually.

However, I will say that you should probably carry just a few in every variety until you get a "feel" of what your clientele expect.

Good luck and keep us posted. :-)