What's in your wax pot this weekend?

I was going to make some pillars anyway (I haven't made any pillars in ages, and I've got the bug to do some) and now with the Valentine Challenge, I know just what I want to do - (I'll keep that one a secret until I post it to that thread though!)

So I'm gonna do the Valentine Challenge, some pillars in my scent blends I've been doing, and I also want to do some votives, and maybe some containers. Haven't quite decided about that yet, but I do know I want to get a few pillars in. :)

That's what I'm doing, what about the rest of you?

I'm happy to read you find the challenge so..challenging LOL!

I don't have much time since I'm working on a new website, maybe I'll do a couple of testers (changed wax so I have to change wicks.. the incubus of every candlemaker) and if I get some inspiration I will make something for the challenge.

Well, the pillar I made for the Valentine challenge is a bust. (I'll still post it but I know it didn't turn out at ALL like I wanted) So I am going to try that one again as soon as I do my repour on this one.

I forgot how long pillars take to make. Grr... LOL all the heating/cooling/waiting.

(I actually didn't forget, but the length of time it takes to make them is one reason why I don't make them very often!)

I'm also doing laundry and dishes (soaping dishes) at the same time as candlemaking, so I feel like I'm super busy/productive - but in reality, I'm really not. LOL

I'll be driving our son back to school at UNL this weekend- so I don't think I'll get much done on Sunday when I get back. Still have to put away xmas decorations too, but I so want to pour some testers, make another batch of lotion and mp soap! Maybe in the evenings next week!

I made 2 pillars (both the same scent, but they look completely different) for the Valentine challenge (will take pics and post in the morning when I have better light) and a bunch of heart wax melts.

Tomorrow I will probably make some votives, containers and maybe some more melts.

I've been such a chatty chick these last couple days, y'all are probably tired of hearing from me.

I don't know what's come over me lately! LOL

Guest OldGlory

I am going to try Aztec's vanilla chai in 464. It's not very strong OOB but it got a good review on their website so I'll give it a shot. I love chai tea with french vanilla creamer. Hoping that's what I get in the candle when I burn it next week.

I have a big wholesale trade show on Sunday/Monday and my glass just came in today. :( So I'm busting it trying to get 8 new fragrances ready for pre-orders... Blackberry Sage, Oakmoss and Amber, Ocean, Cherry Limeade (my mix), Lavender Vanilla, Mango Papaya, Sunflower and Coconut Lime Verbena. Can you tell I'm ready for Spring?

The only thing cooking in one of my pots this weekend is vegetable soup! :) But, I am working on my Spring scent selection, a quote for a 2-3 dozen assortment of 4x4, 4x6 and 4x9 pillar candles for a wedding, business cards and matchbook covers. :)

Well, tomorrow it is back to the grind of my "real" job. I did get 3 pillars and a ton of melts done this weekend. (would have liked to get more done, but that's really all I had tome for, unfortunately)

Next week I'll be out of town so won't get to play. :( But when I get home I'll make some more spring scented pillars and possibly some soap.

I wish I didnt' have bills so I didn't have to work so I could just stay home and play all day every day. LOL

I hope everyone had a good weekend. :)