Let's make a fragrance (or Stink up the House challenge #5)

Scented

Let's make a scent (#5) that creates a bright yet fresh warmth starting with cedar(wood) and (pink) grapefruit.

The goal is to help build a scent that (as far as we know) isn't out there. To do so, each person to follow with a comment in this post should add ONE fragrance or essential oil note (minus the supplier's name) you think will enhance that combination and a possible one or two replacements in case someone doesn't have your suggestion in their treasure trove of scents. Let's see what we come up with say four to eight scents down the line.

As always feel free to try out the combination yourself. You set your measurements. I'm putting drops into test tubes.

I'll start with 1:1 of cedar and grapefruit tangerine (FOs)

Edited by Scented

OK an overnight sitting of cedar+tangerine-grapefruit+Black Pepper leaves me with more of a citrus combination on my equal parts ratio. The difference shows up with somewhat of a smokier cedar in 2 parts cedar to 1 part tangerine-grapefruit + black pepper. Going with lavender next and we'll see what develops, followed by amber (resin Barb or go the FO?) and then lime (no key here)

Well I have an amber to test out. I have a couple of ambers, but I really wanted to try this one out. To me though there is nothing like amber resin hehehehe. Still have the lime yet to go.

We're to the point where cedar, tangerine-grapefruit, black pepper, lavender and amber have been added in various amounts. I still think I like the fragrance where I went 2 parts cedar to 1 part citrus instead of the 1:1, but as with all mixing, there's a lot of combating yet to go on between the fragrances.

Edited by Scented

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear ... ginger. I think I've got some EO form though. I will have to seek it out to see if I do. Also must get my sinuses back up to snuff too.

On another note, I am thinking about changing direction and going with cedar + rose ... so we can go down that road too if anyone is interested.