Convention

Guest OldGlory

Becky, I don't know for sure but Aztec has had a convention for the last few years. Usually they are early in June.

And that's Knoxville, TN.

Love Aztec's convention went to it last year. But they said they won't have another one till 2015 . They are going to do them every other year now. I was hoping someone else would host one this year. I love meeting all the candle makers and learning new things!

Does BCN still do one?

I was thinking the NCA does one too, but out of the loop on that.

BCN hasn't had one in a few years now. The economy bit into peoples pockets too heavy there for a few years and the cost became too much to bear for too many. I am not sure if we will have one again but I can say for sure this year BC will not be.

As for the NCA theirs is only for members and an NCA membership is quite expensive. Not really geared to the crafter level but the IGCA used to have one every year. I never went to that but a lot of my candle friends have and had a great time with it. I'd say to anyone looking check that one out! :)

If we do one again Scented, it will land squarely on my shoulders since Doneen is no longer a part of BC. Want to help? :)

You know, I just might, but I'm no where close to Wisconsin and my day/night job makes it tough for me to attend much of anything, which wouldn't benefit the bulk of others who would want to attend (if that makes sense.) I hope someday to be able to go to the things I want to go to ... Bramble Berry's, the Soapmaker's Guild, an IGCA one for sure, a soapmaker's (possibly some candle) one in Alabama (unless they quit having it), and one in Tennessee (which I think is just soap) and there was one started last year in Missouri for soapmaking, but it hit on a weekend where I had to cover state playoffs.

Goodness, there has got to be a way ... OR a way to do it online, but then part of the fun was vendors ... goodness I'm too young to retire and too poor to be able to do everything I want lol!

That Scented is part of the reason it would be hard for me too. I am quite a ways away from BCN. I am in Minnesota. It's too far to drive very often and truth be told, I am rarely, very rarely in the office since my business hours for support are their office hours and my cell phone does not work there.

I'd rather it be hosted in Duluth, MN vs. Minneapolis. Duluth has an airport that has multiple flights a day some direct to major hubs like Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit etc. If we could do it here where I live, I'd really give it more consideration but I have pretty severe Psoriatic Arthritis that limits my mobility a lot. It sucks. LOL

Flicker, so sorry to hear of your arthritis- you take care of your self! Do you live in or near Duluth? We're in a Minneapolis. Would love a convention in Duluth- love that part of the state, esp going up the north shore too!

I would love to see some on the East Coast :)

I've been to a few that Candles & Supplies puts on in March (?) usually bu it's still hard to get time away from my daytime job.

What would be nice is a flat entrance fee, and the classes / discussions would be free. Not ideal though.

Have it over 2-3 days depending on what is being offered so that one could join in on all of the group sessions.

The IGCA convention I attended in 2004 was great! A bit expensive, but I learned so much I feel it was worth it. If anyone ever gets a chance to go to one I highly encourage it.

I've been wanting to attend one for a long time, but I haven't had the opportunity.

I've been wanting to attend one for a long time, but I haven't had the opportunity.

This is where I learned how to carve, make gel candles, and do beeswax luminaries. So much fun!

Here is a pic of the stuff I actually did there - and then some of what I did after I got home. :)

Not sure what order they are going to come across in, but one is what I made while there, another is all the loot I got just for going, and then there are 3 that I did after the convention after some practice. :)

It was soo much fun!!

post-212-139458517349_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517351_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517356_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517362_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517365_thumb.jpg

I agree with Old Crab. The East Coast would be great. If Candles & Supplies has there's, that could be doable for me. They are about 2 hours from me.

Check their website for time & date. I think I saw a Facebook page just recently about it but with everything going on I did not pay attention since I will not be able to go.