Bigger than presto pot?

doglvr

I'm not sure which topic area to put this in. Is there something bigger than the presto pot for melting wax? I'm getting tired of waiting for wax to melt by either adding it as it goes down after being used or starting from scratch when it's empty. I have two, but in my work area plugging in the second one blows the breaker and putting it somewhere else and then attempting to carry it over without spilling is just asking for trouble if you're a klutz like me.

Does anyone use something that would hold like twice the amount or more?

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

I know they say to never walk away from melting or melted wax, but does anyone leave it melting and go do other things? I really have been faithful about being there in the room doing other things and then turn it off if I have to go upstairs for awhile (which is major annoying to come back in fifteen minutes and do it all again.) If it's turned to low, is it safe enough to leave in a melted turkey roaster and be out of the room for ten minutes or so? Even though I've done it long enough now to know what temp to never go above and what temp to keep it at for my wax, would turning it to the lowest setting allow me to leave it for a bit? I don't mean leave the house.

thanks!

Oh this could spark some opinions. I've walked away while wax is melting and I'm usually not more than a room or two away from the melting pot. I'm also not away from it longer than 5 mins. tops. I use a presto though, not a turkey roaster, so I don't suppose I'm all that helpful in answering your question.

I never walk away from a presto pot but I have walk away from the turkey roaster all the time but I do not leave the house. Okay I will be super honest "I do not recommend this" I have actually forgot it and left it on all night long a few times. A turkey roaster is more like an oven that a stove top. Where a presto pot is more like a stove top.

I'm speaking of presto pots too but I even unplug them when I go upstairs to take the dog out for 10 minutes. I don't trust them and monitor constantly because I have had one of them "runaway" on me before (numerous times). It's a pain to wait for the wax to get back up to temp when I get back, but much less pain than the possible alternative.