coconut oil and paraffin?

Paraffin doesn't normally leave wet spots or frosting, that's a soy trait. Coconut oil is safe in candles but I personally don't think it does a thing to help the scent throw or anything else in candles, soy or otherwise. :cool2:

I'm with ChrisR on this. Did all the early experiments and found CO did little to nothing in my candle systems.

It "may", depending on the % used, slightly lower the melt point of some waxes. Maybe that is where some people are finding coconut oil improves throw. But I can't say it would be a blanket statement since we have so many variables with waxes, FO, color, wicks, etc.

I see your point. I actually never did think about this and with all the variables who knows but actually the stuff I did before the CO was stronger then the stuff I have been doing recently....but I also use dye now....That may be a factor to scent throw. I just don't know. I will do this batch without CO and see how it goes. thanks you two :)

The hardest thing for me to remember when troubleshooting candles is to change one variable at a time.

And sometimes the variables change without my realizing (different batch of FO, wick, wax, temperatures, alignment of the stars :D, etc.)

Good luck! :)

The parasoy I use contains coconut oil according to a reliable source. I used to put coconut oil in my V wax to make the votives shiny but it didn't improve the ct/ht IMHO. You might try a little petrolatum if you're having adhesion problems. I used to get awful wet spots with the old J waxes (especially 223). There are just too many variables as it is without adding a few more. HTH

Steve