Palm Candle FO - Coverup Scents and questions

OlyEric

I have been pouring without FO as I am new and want the fewest variables as I learn and get better at producing small pillars and votives.

I live in a state where Marijuana is legal and have a couple of questions that I have had and that some friends have had....Especially Colorado friends....

What Candle FO's are good for masking or reducing smoke odors from herb? I can see this type of FO becoming popular as the regulations about the "smell" of burning marijuana are starting to come out quickly.

Second question is for those of you who have worked with the Nag Champa FO's (I know there are a lot of you who HATE that smell) Who has the best, strongest and truest to life, Nag Champa FO that will work in Palm? This one was asked by a friend that regularly burns candles and incense all the time. I also am curious about this personally. If any of you know what the "Super Hit" incense FO is that is often found as a sample in the Nag Champa incense boxes, I would be interested in that as well.

Happy Day to you!

I have not tested myself, but I purchased a sample of the smoke eliminator fragrance from CandleScience based on great feedback on this board. I'm sure if people use it for cigarette smoke and pet odor that it would also work with herbaceous odors.

As for the Nag Champa. I am in the hate it category. However I pour it for several people that specifically want that scent. I was overly repulsed by the Nature's Garden. It made me ill. Then I tested Peak's and CandleScience. I personally am the least offended by the Peaks. After awhile, when I tested it, the scent wasn't that bad and I could tolerate it. However I never did get a dead on wick for Peaks.

Candle Science is the Nag Champa that I use for my dedicated customers. I don't care for it at all, but they love it and say not to make any changes. I don't color my nag champa, and the fragrance changes the wax to a weird grey blue on the surface of the candle after you burn it. No one has complained or asked for color as of yet.

I have to second CS Smoke Eliminator. Its spot on and really works. Smells a bit like spicy bubble gum but really does the job of elimination odors. Word of caution make sure you keep it away from your other scented candles. It will pull the scent right out of them.

I also use CS Nag Champa in my palm candles. A wholesale account of mine that specializes in spiritualism and meditation sells incense and swears it smells exactly like the real thing. Same with CS Dragon's Blood. You can't have a line of incense candles without a Dragon's Blood. Other good incense types are CS Frankensence and Myrrh, Angel, Driftwood, Egyptian Amber, Moon Lake Musk, and Oakmoss & Amber.

I tried CS's smoke eliminator and actually didn't like the scent and didn't think it worked as well as Bittercreeks's. I put them both to the test after (2) different family fondue dinners. I burned a large container with the CS eliminator & I still had the smell of peanut oil the next morning. With BC's burning the next dinner the peanut oil smell was totally gone & what I liked the best was that BC's actually had very little scent while burning so it didn't interfere with the food. CS's has a lemon type scent to my nose, which I didn't like.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it is pricey but I use WSP Nag Champa. I have a customer that swears by it and that is the only scent she orders! I personally like it myself and have 1 local customer that likes it. hth

Edited by grama
to add I use paraffin

Although I never used palm I ditto the CS smoke and odor and CS nag champa

I use the smoke and odor all the time in melts in my garage (heated) for my 2 outdoor cats that come in there in the winter and my 15 year old lab that has zero bladder control- you can't smell a trace of animal in there when it's going and I use it inside when I cook shrimp and homemade fries and there is not a trace of the smell after - I haven't tried it burnin just a candle though- the melts have a stronger throw so I have just always used those- and it will pull all scent from other candles - when I make this one I have to do it a separate day and box them up far away from other scents

The CS nag champa is the best according to a few people that regularly buy it - along with CS dragons blood and CS frank & myrrh