Yankee Swirl Candles

I was in Cracker Barrel last night and saw these there and was wondering the same thing! They really do look neat and a couple of them smelled good too. I wasn't real impressed with most of their scents though, especially for what they charge.

I hope someone can shed a little light on how they do that.

Yankee extrudes the fragranced/colored mottling wax into beads that are machine filled around the wicked container. The containers pass through a warming area that melts the wax. I have made swirled candles with my parasoy but it was a real pain and not worth the effort IMHO. Using a paraffin wax would be the way to go and have some patience until you get the temp part of it down. Hand-crafted items shouldn't look machine made, it kinda defeats the purpose but in the end its all about how well the candle does its job. KWIM?

Steve

Yankee extrudes the fragranced/colored mottling wax into beads that are machine filled around the wicked container. The containers pass through a warming area that melts the wax. I have made swirled candles with my parasoy but it was a real pain and not worth the effort IMHO. Using a paraffin wax would be the way to go and have some patience until you get the temp part of it down. Hand-crafted items shouldn't look machine made, it kinda defeats the purpose but in the end its all about how well the candle does its job. KWIM?

Steve

That's great to know, thanks for the info Steve. They do look super pretty but knowing the process makes it a pain for me to even try! Lol