Yankee candle wax?

I was looking at some Yankee candles earlier this evening and wondered what type of wax they use. I've only used 6006, 4630 and 4633 in a container and it's not either one of those or doesn't appear to be. It's really hard and shiny. Anyone know? Just curious since the container waxes I've used are all creamy. Could it be 4794? That can be used in containers, right?

Thanks!

YC has a mottling paraffin line of candles and a parasoy line. They undoubtedly use a proprietary blend. Since I am not a fan of how their candles burn, I would choose not to try and duplicate their wax.

4794 is a votive wax and is kind of a hybrid between pillar and container wax. It shrinks so would not be a good choice for a container due to it pulling away from the glass and making wet spots.

Agree with the other members, probably a mottling wax. Not impressed one bit with their candles. A few times a year I check what the stores carry and I've seen so many YC candles with wicks that are way off-center, bumpy tops.... pitiful; and judging by the prices they charge, they sure must be proud of their candles, lol

jmho

I wasn't very impressed with their candles either, especially for what they charge. I was in WalMart yesterday too and saw some of theirs and they actually smelled good for $5. It really makes me mad though that they sell theirs so cheap. I did see one of theirs that's wick was way over to the side! LOL! Thought it was kind of funny.

You can use straight paraffin as well..I used to buy mine from C&S it was the 125mp straight paraffin and it mottled nicely. As far as Yan*** goes..I truly believe it is their wicking not the wax. I think they overload their fo's clogging the wick..but that is just my opinion..lol