Set up my table tonight for an event tomorrow. Pic inside.

justajesuschick

I was asked to do another handcrafted event just a couple of weeks ago and since I am crazy, I said yes. The handcrafted event for which I am really preparing is next Saturday. This one is at a fancy-schmancy French speaking school downtown. The nice part is that the entrance fee is going toward additions to their playground. Smart idea-they also offered to rent us tables, for a nominal fee, (we were welcome to bring our own) for additional fundraising.

Anyway, I appreciated being able to go set up tonight to just get there in the morning to label my testers and wait for the doors to open. Since I keep getting questions about "what these are", I set up a warmer on the table and a melt will be placed in it. It will not be plugged in. My scent of my melts filled the auditorium as it was (I hope no one complains) and if someone comes to the table and does not like the melt I chose as the "sample", they could be put off. I want them to see a warmer dish with an oval melt in it to better make the connection. Hoping I just have to explain 100 times! haha!

Here is the set up:

post-14519-13945851482_thumb.jpg

Looks great, Karen!

I should take notes as to what people say about what they think the wax melts are. Even with the warmer set up and going, some weren't so sure. I sold a lot though as I'm sure you will. I was 2 tables down from a Scentsy rep and still sold well.

You sell yours inexpensively! I sell mine for $2.25 each or 10 for $17 and people here think that's a steal.

Have fun!

Your table looks absolutely wonderful and so inviting!! The melter is an excellent idea for those who don't know what a melt is. I expect you will be very busy tomorrow! Wishing you the best of luck and let us know how it went! :) Hope you make tons of money!!

Edited by puma52

Looks great, Karen!

I should take notes as to what people say about what they think the wax melts are. Even with the warmer set up and going, some weren't so sure. I sold a lot though as I'm sure you will. I was 2 tables down from a Scentsy rep and still sold well.

You sell yours inexpensively! I sell mine for $2.25 each or 10 for $17 and people here think that's a steal.

Have fun!

Thanks! I only do 2 shows a year (this one was a late add) but will ONLY do handcrafted shows. Not interested in corporate/direct marketing company filled events. The people who come to these events expect handmade items and I find it a different crowd. I have been selling melts as fast as I can make them, just locally. Grateful to be selling so much!

The shape/cups have people stumped. That is why I hope having an unmelted one sitting in a warmer dish will help. Mine are pretty cheap. Scentsy is HUGE here so they only know their bars/clams. Grateful they are paying to introduce people to a category that I can then participate in the market share! haha! I have to explain that 2 of my cups are about the same wax weight as one Scentsy bar. Then they get what a deal it is. Not to mention, all of us who handmake these have a product that lasts longer.

That looks really nice! Good luck tomorrow! I was supposed to do a craft show tomorrow too but I backed out. It's supposed to rain and be cold and it's outside. I love the rain and the cold but don't want to be out in it all day! LOL!

Have fun!

Thanks! My next show is also setup day before and indoors. I am happy about that. Of course, I am in the Midwest and it is 20 degrees right now!

That is a lovely setup! Best wishes for much success at the event.

Thanks!

Your table looks absolutely wonderful and so inviting!! The melter is an excellent idea for those who don't know what a melt is. I expect you will be very busy tomorrow! Wishing you the best of luck and let us know how it went! :) Hope you make tons of money!!

Thanks! I hope to make enough this week and next to cover getting my granddaughters here to see me at Christmas. They are coming, of course, but I'd like my "extra" money to pay for it.

Thanks, ChandlerWicks and Node!

Here is my summary:

Labeling the testers made it MUCH better! Although, I still will not understand parents who let a pack of little boys swarm the table and take off a bunch of lids, drop my cups on the floor (I have extra cups and lids since they will crack) and rub the cups or melts-popped out of the cups-on their faces. Or, parents who hand a cup to a toddler to "Mmm...smell this" which results in a sweet, but runny, nose slathered on top of a melt cup.

post-14519-139458514842_thumb.jpg

I sure cannot predict what people will want scentwise. Many of my Apple scents went unsold yet I will need to repour some Vanilla and Clean/Laundry/Lavender scents. It is 15 degrees here, so go figure! haha!

I only made about $100 on top of my booth fees. Again, thrilled that the fees went to a school. Also helped be a dry run for the show I am most looking forward to that is next Saturday. It was so nice being thanked, by many of the school's teachers and student's parents, for supporting the school. I had 3 little girls, 4th grade, I think they said, who "snuck" over to my booth to buy some melts as surprises for their moms for Christmas. Needless to say, they got good deals!! So, reward enough and the $100 is still nice.

I am fortunate that in all 3 handcrafted shows that I was/am the only person with candle type product.

I received a LOT of positive comments on my space. Having a warmer with an unmelted melt in it was PERFECT! People would start to ask, "What do you do..OH! These go in one of these light bulb things!" I sold melts to a number of people who did not think they had warmers but still wanted to buy some. When I brought up coffee mug warmers, their eyes lit up. Yep, they have one. I told them a mug, ramekin or even heat safe mason type jar and they are set. My space was a center court, facing the entrance so really the first booth that people saw walking through the door. I was asked a lot for my card so handed out plenty.

As an aside, for those of you who sew. Consider bowties! The sweetest young couple was the booth next to mine on one side. She made bowties. $30 each and I asked at the end-they sold 18! She made them with the adjustable clip so that once tied, they could be taken easily on or off or tied fresh each wearing. VERY popular. I giggled as I heard people ask them similar to what we get asked. "Where do you get your fabric?". She sweetly answered at local fabric stores and online. Guess it is natural for people to ask and not think that it could be considered fishing. If you message me I could show you fabrics that they were in to give you an idea. Our local College sports teams fabrics were popular as well as some retro/deco, classy/plaid/check and other patterns.

Edited by justajesuschick
spelling errors