Update on EL wax and FO

I just got this e-mail from candlesoylutions

EL Update!

A new vendor with years of experience is currently preparing, as quickly as they can, to take over the EL line in early December so we can replenish our inventory of (EL) Fragrances. We expect all of the best sellers will be available soon, and we also expect some slower moving scents will be discontinued.

About the EL Wax; We are told the 100% Soy Container Wax and the Millennium Soy Container Wax will continue to be manufactured, however the production of the EL Votive wax will be discontinued. We expect to maintain enough of the Votive wax to get us through this busy holiday season.

That's good news 'cause I've been toying with the idea of trying EL waxes; do you have any experience with them? If so, what can you tell us about them? Do they really have that good of a HT?

Thanks!

I know you were not asking me, but the 100% soy El wax is really good. I liked it better than 415 or C-3. I got a really good ht. It has been a while since I've used it, though. I mostly tested the Enchanted Lites fos in it. That being said, they have some really good fos.

That's good news 'cause I've been toying with the idea of trying EL waxes; do you have any experience with them? If so, what can you tell us about them? Do they really have that good of a HT?

Thanks!

My business pretty much revolves around them. That's why I was freaking when they were gonna discontinue. I've had great results with the 100% soy and the millennium. They are a little finicky if u pour too warm but that's about it. Some of the FO's are to die for and they all WORK in the EL wax. I have just started testing the 464, looking for a replacement, and not nearly as good results so far. Yay! I don't have to find a replacement now :)

Thank you, LeahRB and franu61. The GB464 never impressed me. Of al the soy waxes I tried, the one that gave the best HT was ugly little GB 415, lol.

Are you telling me that EL sell FOs also?! Oh my, another supplier :yay: If so, what do you recommend?

LeahRB, guess what? I ordered 10 lbs of TCS tart/votive wax. Yep, that nasty devil made me do it :laugh2: Are you still using it?

Thank you, LeahRB and franu61. The GB464 never impressed me. Of al the soy waxes I tried, the one that gave the best HT was ugly little GB 415, lol.

Are you telling me that EL sell FOs also?! Oh my, another supplier :yay: If so, what do you recommend?

LeahRB, guess what? I ordered 10 lbs of TCS tart/votive wax. Yep, that nasty devil made me do it :laugh2: Are you still using it?

LMBO!!!! I can't believe you caved and ordered more wax!! lol

But, I'm still playing with it. I'm mixing it 50/50 with PB. It helps smooth the texture and I think it makes the scent last longer. Please keep us posted on your results.

I'm now wanting to order more EL fos. I liked quite a few of them. I don't think you'll be disappointed, Ravens.

Yep, caved in. Some people (me!) are suckers for punishment but I must say the blend (with TCS wax) that I mixed last night smelled fantastic when I poured it. I hope it'll smell that great in a few days' time when I begin testing.

Ok, about the EL fragrance oils.... who sells them? Any recommendations? Thank you!

LMBO!!!! I can't believe you caved and ordered more wax!! lol

But, I'm still playing with it. I'm mixing it 50/50 with PB. It helps smooth the texture and I think it makes the scent last longer. Please keep us posted on your results.

I'm now wanting to order more EL fos. I liked quite a few of them. I don't think you'll be disappointed, Ravens.

Sounds like this will be happening right around the week of the 9th of December. Which is good. I am expecting to see a slight price increase on the waxes since it will be manufactured in one facility and shipped to the warehouse. I have gotten an update on what the pricing might be. I am hoping to see it stay close to what it all ready is. (hopefully) I pulled all el oils off my website because I was having issues with trying to get oils when I need them.

Don't forget Almost Paradise, Victorian Christmas, and Pomegranate(it's not a sweet pom). Oh and I liked the Hot Apple Strudel and Vanilla.

Thecandlehutch.com also is a distributor of EL.

eta: Oh and Cloved Cranberry! It's sweet and strong in soy.

Edited by LeahRB

Have any of you used their FO's in paraffin?

I want to say I tried Almost Paradise in paraffin and it did fine. But, I've slept a lot since then. They have some unique fos and they are worth trying. I believe Enchanted Lites owns Beanpod Candles or visa versa. If you have ever sniffed any of their candles, then you have sniffed EL fos.

Edited by LeahRB

Ok, everyone, I am starting my list here! Nothing like adding a few more FOs to my.... what? 200 oils or so? :laugh2:

I just wish that brown truck would learn to deliver whenever hubby isn't home. DH really thinks we should invite the UPS truck driver - and his spouse/children - to our Christmas dinner. He claims the driver always waves when he see my husband in the yard, "really friendly man", he says. Am I glad he always misses the FedEx man (they deliver earlier in this zone) :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

I am a distributor of them. I can tell you that some of the top ones which sold out right away were. Hot Apple strudel, pumpkin pie, pumpkin thyme, harvest, mistletoe, holiday memories and lavender. those were right off the top of my head. So I would assume that those will be in the line up. Now, that is just an guess. I know I am working on carrying white cake, love spell, oatmeal milk and honey, lemon cheese cake, and a few others. They won't be el oils because I am sourcing them else where. I am testing out all the oils that I plan on carrying to make sure that they work in soy. It is a very slow process right now because I am really not liking the waiting game.

If I hear of anything I try an send out an email even it is no news via my newsletter.

Edited by Lorrie

I'm kinda figuring that shipping will increase for me no matter which supplier picks it up. The shipping wasn't bad from IA to MN but going outside of that area generally cost quite a bit more. This is the 2nd major change for EL with ownership and manufacturing since I've been pouring this wax so I'm hoping everything gets settled down soon and we know pricing, availability etc as I have 2014 fundraiser just ahead and if I need to increase pricing I'll know before new brochures are printed.