paraffin clean up

I just made my first candles using a parasoy blend. I used paper towels and rubbing alcohol to clean up my pouring pitcher, mixing spoon, and thermometer. The pouring pitcher is a mess! I've gotten frustrated with trying to get a good ht from my soy and decided to try something new, but much prefer the clean up of soy. Any suggestions for cleaning up the parasoy tools would be greatly appreciated.

Place a piece of alum foil on a baking pan, then place several paper towels on top of that , turn oven on to 120... place utensils and pan (upside down) on top of paper towels and put in oven for about 10 min. You can take out and wipe clean or if you have a griddle...place foil on it, then paper towels, then turn pan upside down and utensils on paper towels. Heat to 120, Leave on a few minutes and then ready to wipe off or set pan in boiling water and it will melt the wax down to the bottom, then wipe clean. :)

Edited by puma52

I clean up the same way as Karen. I keep a roll of paper towels right on my counter and as soon as I pour or stir I wipe clean while it's still warm! If I wait too long then I just place my measuring cup (I use glass measuring cups to mix and pour) in the microwave for a minute and then wipe with paper towels.

Puma52's idea is good too!

HTH

I wipe my pour pots immediately after pouring. On rare occasions when I get lazy & don't wipe right away, I use the heat gun or do as Puma suggests and set my pots back in a pan of hot water to reheat then wipe. I live in the SW desert and do my best to avoid heating up my oven for anything other than to bake myself peanut butter cookies.. lol

I use two stainless steel pots with lips for pouring and long handles to grab, like you'd use on a stove. I wipe and clean immediately after each batch, but I have a fondue plate I keep on warm so when one is done I grab the other that's been on the hot plate and then put the just used and wiped one on the hot plate. That way it melts any residue I didn't get and I give it a quick wipe again before pouring the next batch. Keeps the wax temp from dropping drastically as well when it's poured into the pot. I like these pots better because they're shorter and wider than regular pour pots and I'm not constantly getting wax on my arm during cleaning.