For those of you who sell wickless candles...

What size do you make? Do the larger ones sell better? Any particular jar is better than another? I've made some for myself but would like to include these in my fundraiser brochure. I'm thinking smaller, like 4 ouncers, for a fundraiser but I could be wrong! Wouldn't be the first time. I'll be offering tarts as well as my soaps and other B&B things.

TIA :yay:

I use an 8 oz tin and they sell fantastic for me. I wouldn't go much bigger because it takes longer to melt. The 8 oz tins melt quickly and the fragrance lasts for a long time. Also, I switched to tins from glassware because they are much cheaper to have shipped to me (and cheaper period, as far as per item cost). Glassware is pretty, but more expensive for me.

Wouldn't the tins get too hot?

I don't find that they get too hot, I think they also melt faster than in glass so the consumer is able to enjoy the fragrance more quickly.

However...it would depend on the tin you use. The first tins I ever ordered seemed "thinner" and now I get them from Peak and I love them.

I tried one of my tins last night and OWIE that got hot. I get my tins from SKS. I may just have to stick with jars. I know you shouldn't pick up a tin that is hot but you know how customers are and I'm sure at least one of them would do that.

Do the 8 ounce JJ but switching to the shorter squatty mason jar or the 4 ounce jars.I put 2 tarts in a 3 ounce jar and the fragrance was great.A couple I tested in the 8 ounce JJ were not as strong.I think the opening and the melt pool takes to long to throw the scent.So I am switching.

I can say in my area not many know what they are.I am educating them.Still though they aren't into them.Want the wick ones.

LynnS