CS Rosemary

Candybee

I just got a sample of this and it smells wonderful OOB. I like mixing FOs with the same EO. It makes the FO more potent and I end up using less fragrance and save money.

I'm gonna try the Rosemary FO with the EO. But I would also like to add more herbal notes. I am thinking sage EO and basil EO.

I am still new to mixing EOs. Anyone have any suggestions for an 'herbal' garden scent with Rosemary as the top note. Maybe a little bit of lavender EO thrown in; rosemary, sage, basil, lavender? I have to buy the sage and basil first but thought I would ask first what works for those of you that like herbal garden type scent combos.

Edited by Candybee

One of my favorite blends is rosemary, lavender, spearmint and tea tree. I use 1 ounce of rosemary, 3/4 ounce of lavender, 1/2 ounce s.mint and 1/2 ounce of tea tree and I think it's a nice herbal blend. It's floral, but not too much, minty and not too much and the rosemary gives it a warm garden scent.

That sounds like a winner! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I can't keep tea tree around as its highly poisonous to my housecats. But I think I think I may try the rosemary, lavender, spearmint, and use sage and or basil. Can you tell I am dying to buy them and try them out!!

I didn't know about tea tree and housecats. I make tea tree soap with a high super fat and use it on my itchy twitchy Pug. I helps heal his Summer skin issues and makes him soft. I do have a cat, but she doesn't get anywhere near the soaps or where I store my essential oils.

My tea tree soap is what helped heal me when I was torn up by brambles. I had a brush fire and my son and I were trying to stop it from moving into a field with a gas well. The only way to get the hose to the fire was through an old patch of 15 foot brambles and I was torn to pieces. I showered with the tea tree soap twice a day and it took away the burn and helped jump start the healing. This was in the days before I learned about plaintain and yarrow (what I use now for such things). I love my 100% tea tree soap, it's a summer favorite!

The sage sounds lovely, do you use an essential oil or a fragrance? I love the woodsy, deep, mossy, herbal scents.

I love your tea tree soap story. I used to have tea tree EO in my medicine cabinet but then when I read about cats being super sensitive to it and it being poisonous to them I was afraid to have it in the house and threw it out. I have two geriatric aged cats and want them to live as long as they can.

I use both EOs and FOs. I like to mix them up or use them straight. The sage I am thinking about is the EO. There are so many I want to try and I have about a dozen so far. I have used them before but only sparingly in my M&P. This year I decided to start collecting EOs and learn how to blend them. When I got the Rosemary FO I was thinking I wanted to use that and add some EOs to it to create an herbal garden scent for my CP soap.

That sounds like a winner! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I can't keep tea tree around as its highly poisonous to my housecats. But I think I think I may try the rosemary, lavender, spearmint, and use sage and or basil. Can you tell I am dying to buy them and try them out!!

I have to ask why you cannot keep tea tree with cats? I have cats and have used tea tree for years. They cannot get to it and any spills the cats are removed from the area until it is well cleaned. Have not lost a cat yet except to a damn coyote. Just do not let them lick it up or use it on them. My cats will not get near my soap and do not actually go near the eo cabinet

I used to have a bottle I kept in the medicine cabinet for a while until I read about it being poisonous to cats. I am sure you can keep it safely away from cats as long as you are careful and keep it out of reach.

But I have cats that open up cabinets and jump up high in places. I am also afraid of someday spilling it or accidentally leaving a trace of it on a countertop, sponge, cloth, etc. Its personal. I don't want to risk it.

I may start using it again as they never went into my medicine cabinet. But right now I can't get over my fear as I lost two cats in the last couple of years from feline leukemia. I know it has nothing to do with it but its a state of mind I am in. I just can't keep the oil around knowing its toxic to them.