Facebook Pages - Notes. Formatting gone wild?

QTsmum

I made a lovely scent list on my computer and when I pasted to Facebook, all the formatting was gone! I had to spend half as long re-adding spaces as I did writing the darn thing.

Does anyone else have this issue? Had I known, I would have just written IN facebook and copied/edited details (colours, font) on my computer after. LAME!

I made a lovely scent list on my computer and when I pasted to Facebook, all the formatting was gone! I had to spend half as long re-adding spaces as I did writing the darn thing.

Does anyone else have this issue? Had I known, I would have just written IN facebook and copied/edited details (colours, font) on my computer after. LAME!

I would format in something like notepad first in windows then copy it to facebook. it's a basic format so i would think facebook wouldn't screw it all up.

If you have a FB group you can upload files and everything stays as is. I just have a page rather than a group and had the same issue. I just copied my scent list and pasted in. Not beautiful but people are able to use it.

I have not tried another way but will try notepad.

I typed it in libre pad or something (writing app for the Mac). I'll try it in the text program next time (I hate using it!!). I only have a page. I really dislike navigating through the pages (app). But heck, it's so handy!!!

Here's the Facebook FAQ's on notes, I don't know if it'll be much help. https://www.facebook.com/help/www/488014787881885

Notes is what is a called a Rich Text Editor. Pretty much these are really basic text processing things for the internet. The formating they will accept is extremely limited. To my knowledge, things like colors and different fonts won't transfer over, and there is no way to put them in while editing text to the facebook app. You can still use bold, italic, underline, bulleted lists, and the few other things mentioned under the "how do I format a note" section on the FAQ,

I'm not familiar with Libre, the help I can give is limited based on that. If you're doing a lot of formatting, it maybe just that notes won't read it.

The text program maybe a better option if its similar to word as it will also have very few formatting options similar to note.

For spacing issues, you maybe able to try dong something like:

<p>insert your text here</p>

<p></p>

<p>next section of text</p>

<p></p> is the beginning and ending paragraph commands in html, With what I typed, it'd show up as:

insert your text here

next section of text

From my testing, if you have the <p></p> in note, it'll accept it in the preview, if you go back to edit, note takes out the <p></p> so you don't see it, but it still keeps it there in its memory.

Hopefully this helps and I didn't confuse you. If you need more help I'll see what I can figure out:smiley2:

-Nic