Jars Like BBW

I currently use mason jars and straight sided jelly jars. I love the look of the jars that BBW uses. I have done search after search and cannot find any jars like theirs with the lids. Where can I find these?

Maybe a Madison jar from Fillmore?

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/CategoryList.aspx?CategoryId=0&k=madison

Who is BBW?

BBW=Bath and Body Works

• 3 years later...

I was looking for these as well; I really wanted to get a wider jar I can double-wick. Plus, it seems to be a really popular style for candle consumers. The only place I could find them was The Jar Store as simplyfragrant mentioned. I just ordered a case and can't wait to try them out! 

I believe Trappeur (she posts on here) uses candle jars + lids that I think are very similar to the BBW style. If you put in the search bar " labels " on her

posts should/might come up. If I find the old post I'll add a link . I believe they have silver lids + were on the pricey side. The candle bowls you referenced 

to, only concern Id have is that the glass would be thick enough to with stand double wicking. 2 and 3 wick candles can get pretty hot. 

Here is what the jars look like triple wicked.

I did try double wicking but couldn't do but 3 wicks are perfect in the jars with the correct wick (3 cd6 in 464 wax) .

d_242%201%201.jpg

Here is a picture from General Wax

Has 5" diameter

Is 3" Tall

Is called 25oz symphony glass.  I don't get why they say 25oz as it isn't.  The jar holds 1 pound exactly of wax.

The jar is 1.79 each

The lids are 1.79 each too and they only come in a brushed silver.

I found the shipping very reasonable.

Keep in mind that when you first light the candle it will take quite a few hours to get a good melt pool going like 5 hours give or take.....but they burn perfectly!

P0962734.jpg

Hope this helps a bit.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

Oh Im so glad you saw this post Trapper :) I went through your old posts and couldn't find the one where you mentioned the company name.

These are so pretty - for some reason I thought they were much more. To me they look very quality and unique. I think Im going to order some 

myself after the New Year and see how I do with them. On a side note our weather is changing as of tomorrow + looks like its all down hill from there lol ! 

10 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Here is what the jars look like triple wicked.

I did try double wicking but couldn't do but 3 wicks are perfect in the jars with the correct wick (3 cd6 in 464 wax) .

d_242%201%201.jpg

Here is a picture from General Wax

Has 5" diameter

Is 3" Tall

Is called 25oz symphony glass.  I don't get why they say 25oz as it isn't.  The jar holds 1 pound exactly of wax.

The jar is 1.79 each

The lids are 1.79 each too and they only come in a brushed silver.

I found the shipping very reasonable.

Keep in mind that when you first light the candle it will take quite a few hours to get a good melt pool going like 5 hours give or take.....but they burn perfectly!

P0962734.jpg

Hope this helps a bit.

Trappeur

Oh man ... I just went on the site + I couldn't find those jars at all :( Looks like they maybe don't carry them any longer ? If you happen to find them let me know 

it could very well be I did search it correctly ??? 

Morning Moonstar!

No they are there.

Go to General wax....

You will see the heading right there called Candlemaking.net.  It must be a sister site or something. But click on it and there are the jars they offer.  Let me know it you can't get there.

Trappeur

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Oh Im so glad you saw this post Trapper :) I went through your old posts and couldn't find the one where you mentioned the company name.

These are so pretty - for some reason I thought they were much more. To me they look very quality and unique. I think Im going to order some 

myself after the New Year and see how I do with them. On a side note our weather is changing as of tomorrow + looks like its all down hill from there lol ! 

lol,....I couldn't find my post either...but did after a while....like you said it was under labels..

Weather here too is changing.  I'm going to get my butt in gear and start decorating for Christmas.  Haven't done it in a few years since my husband died but I'm going to do it...makes me feel so good with all the glitter and lights and candles going.  I'm really looking forward to it.  And cold weather is coming in this weekend, but I'm prepared.  Started up the wood stove this week and been burning everyday.

Trappeur

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

lol,....I couldn't find my post either...but did after a while....like you said it was under labels..

Weather here too is changing.  I'm going to get my butt in gear and start decorating for Christmas.  Haven't done it in a few years since my husband died but I'm going to do it...makes me feel so good with all the glitter and lights and candles going.  I'm really looking forward to it.  And cold weather is coming in this weekend, but I'm prepared.  Started up the wood stove this week and been burning everyday.

Trappeur

Sounds wonderful ! Id love to see pictures as Im sure you will have it just beautiful ! Found the jars - thank you :) 

Edited by Moonstar