Question About Fragrance In Small Candles

I'm new and have posted an introduction in "off topics" and ready to ask

my first question :P

I read over at Peak that to use more fragrance with smaller candles where the melt pool diameter is limited. What does this statement mean.

See, I'm having such a problem and I think this might be my problem

but first I need someone to please explain what the above statement

from Peak means.

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

Simply Soy

I've never heard that and have been doing candles for 6 years. I use the same amount of FO per lb. no matter what size candle I'm making and get a great scent throw whether it's a small votive or a large diameter jar. Of course, depending on how strong your FO is, 10% or 1.5 oz/lb. should really be your maximum amount used. If you use more than the amount recommended for your wax, you may have it seep out and leave pools of liquid on top of your candle. This could be a possible fire waiting to happen!!

This is from Peaks page.

Our fragrance oils are tested to perform well at ½ ounce per pound of wax. However, if you like highly scented candles, you may wish to use up to a full ounce per pound of wax. This is even more important with smaller candles where the melt-pool diameter is limited.

What he's saying(Correct me Alan if Im wrong)is it works well at 1/2 oz per pound, BUT if you like highly scented candles you can use an oz. When you're doing smaller diameter candles(because it doesnt have as much room for throw you could use more if you wish to get that stronger throw. You dont have to use more.