wax on jar

Different types of wax leave different amounts of residue behind but they all leave some. In my experience, paraffin leaves the least and vegetable waxes more, though that is not always true. The hotter the burn the less residue. If the residue is black, then that is soot.

I am pretty new at this candle making ( about 1 1/2 years) but I use ezsoy and 6006 (both from bcn) and there is no wax residue or soot on the sides. Of course I have found wicking the right size makes a big difference. As far as sooting,, I no longer "blow" out my candles but dip the wicks and found my candles don't produce any soot.

thanks, I'm just trying to determine a realistic result. In the 8 ounce jelly jars with soy there is no soot but they are also not too clean as far as the wax residue,no hang up,just a messy residue. I will add though that they are quilted jelly jars

Different waxes leave varying degrees of residue. Some leave a 'cleaner' looking glass than others. Soy typically leaves a greasy residue while say palm leaves the glass looking like it just came out of a dishwasher. Yes you can still see through the glass but you will have to test different waxes to see for yourself.

Frankly I would not worry about it. It's more important to make a great candle that burns safely and smells great. While any residue left of the jar is a secondary concern. But if it still bothers you keep testing out different waxes til you find one you like.