Tucson candle fire

We all know not to leave candles unattended, and we know not to use water to put out a candle fire.

I hope we take the time to educate our buyers.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/candle-causes-fire-destroys-home-s-shed/article_6c1fb072-fd7e-11e2-871b-0019bb2963f4.html

A backyard shed was destroyed Saturday when an unattended candle started a fire.

Crews were called at about 3:20 p.m. to the home in the 2000 block of West Calle Placida, in the area of North La Cholla Boulevard and West St. Mary's Road, Capt. Barrett Baker, spokes-man for the Tucson Fire Department, said in a news release.

The owner of the home tried to douse the fire using a garden hose and sustained minor burns to his legs, but did not want medical attention, Baker said.

Fire crews kept the flames away from the house, which received some heat damage.

It took firefighters about 16 minutes to put out the fire. The cost of the damage had not been determined.

....and then these same people go around saying candles are dangerous and start fires!

I have a friend who won't put a candle out when we leave her home to run an errand. "Oh it will be just fine. We'll only be gone a couple of minutes." I finally had to go and extinguish it myself.

I used to have an office manager that made comments like "candles start fires! candles kill people!". I simply could not talk to her about it as she was adamant and stubborn as a mule. I also didn't talk about my candle biz around her. She was a real downer! But I wish that I could have found out why she was so angry about candles. I will never know.