Something similar to Sweet potato

Ravens

Can anyone suggest a FO that is very similar to Aztec's Sweet potato & brown sugar? I'm asking because although several people loved it, my DH asked what I was burning (referring to my cooking... :tiptoe: yeah, he's skating on thin ice these past few days, lol). Earlier today I asked my daughter and she said that she could "understand" why he asked if something was burning... umph!

I think Aztec's Sweet potato & brown sugar is very good, but now I'd like to read your take on this FO, if you have tried it; does it smell like something burning? Is there a FO that is very similar to it, one that will not smell like burned food or an AC unit burning (yep, he said that too :rolleyes2).

Edited by Ravens

NG has their version of sweet potatoes and brown sugar but I'm not sure if it smells like Aztec's or not. I was just pouring it and thought it smelled really good! My hubby was in the room when I was pouring and didn't say anything about it except it had a cinnamon smell and it smells good.

I may have a sample of Aztec's in my humongous pile of sample bottles. I'll take a look and if I find it, I'll compare the two and let you know!

HTH

I was curious about the sweet potato & brown sugar from Aztec myself. I thought about trying it but other sweet potato scents that I have tried are very similar to a pumpkin pie type of scent, IMO. Is that the case with this one as well (aside from the burnt notes) or is it different enough from a spicy pumpkin pie that it may be worth trying?

I just know I had a sample of sweet potatoes & brown sugar from Aztec but I can't find it! I've given quite a few to a friend that's making tarts for herself so maybe I gave it to her since I had bought a large bottle from NG.

I did find a small bottle that I had bought off of ebay that smells delicious and I think it's the same exact scent that Aztec has and maybe that's why I gave mine away, DUH! Anyway, OOB, the one from the lady from ebay has just a slight sweeter smell than NG's. I could be wrong in that assessment too because I've been pouring today and my nose may not be quite right, but that's what I'm getting right now. It smells wonderful to me though and like Karen, I've had a hard time finding a good carrot cake and sweet potato pie and had thought about using this for sweet potato pie.

The vendor's name is Josie's Attic if anyone wants to order a bottle from her. It really does smell good!

Raven's I can send you a sample of NG's if you want to try it.

FaithfulScenter, will you please let us know what you think of it after you test it? Personally, I really like it; I may have candle-nose, but I do not detect a burnt smell; however, a handful of people have mentioned the burnt smell, so I need to "investigate", lol

Yep, Glenn it is.

I got my Sweet Potato FO from Aztec today. I didn't notice a burnt smell oob, but I will say it didn't smell as good as I had anticipated :( I guess I'll have to see what happens when I put it in wax on Friday.

On a side note, Ravens, is that Glenn Beck in you avatar?!

I will definitely keep you posted. I've got several noses that will be sniffing around, so I will be able to give you a couple of opinions!

Love the picture.

Thank you; really appreciate that, FaithfulScenter.

Glad you love the pic; I'm fond of it also :wink2:

Just thought that I might add that AHRE just added a new FO called Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar! I have not used it, but if you find you don't like the Aztec one, you can give theirs a try. I have a sample bottle of this FO from Aztec and plan to get it in some wax next week when my SIL and mom come to visit and we do our semi annual wax melt making marathon! I really like it OOB and hope that I doesn't disappoint in wax.

Well, methinks denettedb and Belinda are fine enablers, and I thank you both!

Pineapple and brown sugar sure sounds interesting; and if Sweet potato & brown sugar can now be fuond at AH/RE, I think it "reasonable" to give it a try. I mean, how can you possibly know if it is the same, better or worse, huh? :rolleyes2

Speaking of AH, anyone tried their Cotton Candy? What about NG's cotton candy? Wonder which one is more accurate, has better throw, etc. etc.

Anyone?

TIA

I know that Karen (justajesuschick) was on the hunt for Cotton Candy and I believe she tried both of those. I am sure she will chime in. I guess cotton candy is another one of those scents that I dont try because I am not exactly sure what it is supposed to smell like. I feel the same way about Carrot Cake.

On another note, I say go for the Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar from AH. One can never be too sure without trying it for yourself!

I have tried AH/RE Cotton Candy. I didn't think the HT was good at all. Not great in melts either. Didn't try NG but seems like I remember someone mentioning they liked NG. I did pour SP&BS from Aztec also. The CT was good the first few days and then not much at all after 2weeks. The HT wasn't too great either for me but I use soy so that could make a huge difference. I didn't try it in melts yet but it's really yummy in a room spray.

Well, methinks denettedb and Belinda are fine enablers, and I thank you both!

Pineapple and brown sugar sure sounds interesting; and if Sweet potato & brown sugar can now be fuond at AH/RE, I think it "reasonable" to give it a try. I mean, how can you possibly know if it is the same, better or worse, huh? :rolleyes2

Speaking of AH, anyone tried their Cotton Candy? What about NG's cotton candy? Wonder which one is more accurate, has better throw, etc. etc.

Anyone?

TIA

Glad I could help you out there Ravens! LOL!

I love AH/RE pineapple and brown sugar! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Haven't tried cotton candy from there or NG. The only cotton candy I have is from JS and I'm not sure if it's a good one or not since I haven't smelled anyone else's.

Sweet Potato from Aztec is one of our #1 sellers. I would say it is in the top 4 for us. No one has ever complained of a burnt smell in it to us. I think your hubby's nose is off lol. (But we have been told by many that Aztec's pumpkin caramel latte does have a scorched chocolate smell. We thought so too on it but didn't know if it was us or that FO until we tested it.)

Yes, I have tried everyone's Cotton Candy FO and I have also poured AH/RE Pineapple and Brown Sugar.

For Cotton Candy, my winners were NG and JS Cotton Candy Frosting.

AH Pineapple and Brown Sugar smells just like a fresh pineapple slice that has been lightly grilled outdoors. It is nice. Lasted a long time in my wax (that is always included as a part of any review, of any scent, that I share). Not certain if the scent is for me but if I was selling, taking into account a broad range of tastes, I would have it in my line.

• 2 weeks later...

I poured the Aztec Sweet Potato Brown Sugar on Friday night (paraffin tarts) and the throw is very weak. I love the scent but I am not getting much throw. The CT wasnt very strong for that matter either. Based on the reviews, I tend to think it just doesnt like my wax. I used 4627/4625. What wax are the rest of you getting a good throw in?

Also, is the AH/RE version similar in scent? Or NG's? I also saw that Lonestar has a sweet potato pie and a butternut pumpkin. Are either of these similar? I really like the fact that the aztec version is very buttery and not spicy at all so I am looking for a non spicy sweet potato.

Thanks,