New to the Forum:)

Hello all!

Just wanted to say hello to all you wonderful people here! I am new to the world of candlemaking. Only been at it for about 3 months. I have been reading on here like a crazy woman, trying to learn as much as I can from all you experienced chandlers! Thank you all so much for your willingness to share! What an awesome bunch of folks! I'm definitely not wanting to do this a business, just for myself and maybe family. I have decided to try out soy..I know, I might have to rethink this:rolleyes2! I have learned quite quickly that fragrance oils can be habit forming! Good golly..I think I either need to get a part time job or stay off this site:tiptoe: well, I just wanted to say hello and thank you all so much for all your knowledge and help!

Sally

Welcome!

There are a number of folks here with longstanding, very successful businesses who do beautifully with soy so go for it!

Part of the fun for me is testing and playing and drawing my own conclusions. I will wholeheartedly agree that this forum is full of some very knowledgeable and helpful people. Their willingness to share and answer questions is remarkable. I, too, have searched and searched and read and read here and feel as if I have earned another college degree from all of the study. This place has some wise teachers.

My first posts sounded just like this one of yours. While I do make mainly for myself, I do sell some to co-workers and friends. Not enough that I make any real money but enough that I have a little extra to spend right back on my wax and FO's.

Enjoy your time here!

Thank you all so very much! I hope that one day I could pay it forward and help new candle makers as you all do! I hope I live that long! Lol This hobby seems like you have to be a genius to make a good candle! Hope I can hang in here that long. Time will tell I guess:) oh...and cashola:grin2: hope your all having a great Sunday!

Thank you again!

Your all awesome!!

Thank you all so very much! I hope that one day I could pay it forward and help new candle makers as you all do! I hope I live that long! Lol This hobby seems like you have to be a genius to make a good candle! Hope I can hang in here that long.

You don't have to be a genius, but being observant and a fastidious note taker comes in handy!! Learning from our prior mistakes is helpful. :)

Take notes from the beginning, you will NOT remember what you think you will remember! :wink2:

Welcome Sally!! :highfive:

You don't have to be a genius, but being observant and a fastidious note taker comes in handy!! Learning from our prior mistakes is helpful. :)

Take notes from the beginning, you will NOT remember what you think you will remember! :wink2:

Welcome Sally!! :highfive:

Thanks for the tip on note taking! Oh how true that is! I have no idea what I'm gonna do when I get older..I can't remember a thing now already! I had heard that Ginko is good for memory and I was gonna try it but hhmmmm..I can't remember, did I take my pill today to not!! LOL

Welcome Sally!

I'm sure you'll enjoy this board as much as the rest us! There is tons of knowledge to learn from the people here and everyone is so helpful.

I hope you enjoy your journey into this addiction!

And listen to Chefmom about taking notes. I've found out the hard way that I should've been taking notes all along and now when I melt a tart that I made a few months ago, and it smells really good and strong, I always wonder what wax I used to make it! And since I've changed several times and didn't write anything down, I have absolutely no idea! LOL!

Welcome Sally!

I'm sure you'll enjoy this board as much as the rest us! There is tons of knowledge to learn from the people here and everyone is so helpful.

I hope you enjoy your journey into this addiction!

And listen to Chefmom about taking notes. I've found out the hard way that I should've been taking notes all along and now when I melt a tart that I made a few months ago, and it smells really good and strong, I always wonder what wax I used to make it! And since I've changed several times and didn't write anything down, I have absolutely no idea! LOL!

Hi Belinda!

That is such good advice because I can't even begin to tell you how many times I did exactly what your talking about, only to come back and think...ok, now what the heck was that I was going to remember! Thanks bunches! So nice to meet you!

Edited by Sally1970

Hello Ravens, CandyBee and megandgarr!

It so nice to meet you! I've been reading your posts a lot! So now I know who to blame all these 3:30am nights on when my hubby asks! Lol you girls all contribute so much to this forum! I'm so blessed to have found this:grin2: thank you all so much! & thank you to Alan for providing this for us! What a wonderful man! Peaks is on the top of my mile long list of oils to try! Hoping your having a great day!