TCS wax..

MicheleC

Hey, hey! For your information, I am doing all this for the sake of science.... candle science, that is :laugh2::laugh2:

Dave, seriously now, TCS wax (for me) was a great, GREAT wax, and I miss it. I've come close to achieving its throw when experimenting with other blends, but none are quite like it

Waiting on Leah before heading to TCS website, lol[/QUO

Oh geez!!!.I don't want this on my shoulders! I've only poured 7. I'm testing 2. The pumpkin and vanilla has been going about 6 hours.. I will update. So put the credit card away for now, lol!

Will do, LeahRB, but please don't forget to update us/me. Oh, I would never put this on anyone's shoulders; ultimately it'll be my decision and wouldn't dream of blaming anyone. Thank you! :smiley2:

OK. My CC is out and I want to order. What is wrong with me?

I'm intrigued by the pellets, shreds and large globs...lol. Maybe they took all the waxes they had, put them all together and finally have a great blend back again?!!

Karen....The pellets (teardrops) we had were newly purchased, and distributed at the same time some others were receiving slabs and some receiving pellets, with it all supposedly the same wax.

Come on Ravens...let's do it! :)

Hey, hey! For your information, I am doing all this for the sake of science.... candle science, that is :laugh2::laugh2:

Dave, seriously now, TCS wax (for me) was a great, GREAT wax, and I miss it. I've come close to achieving its throw when experimenting with other blends, but none are quite like it

Waiting on Leah before heading to TCS website, lol[/QUO

Oh geez!!!.I don't want this on my shoulders! I've only poured 7. I'm testing 2. The pumpkin and vanilla has been going about 6 hours.. I will update. So put the credit card away for now, lol!

I send my condolences for the stress I anticipate you'll soon be under! (ROLFL!!!!!)

I can't wait to hear about the results! I just poured another blend myself but haven't tested it. Please keep everyone posted about this wax! Like everyone else, I would love to find a great wax for tarts and quit spending money on trying different things.

And Ravens, it's very noble of you to want to do something for a good cause! LOL!

Will do, LeahRB, but please don't forget to update us/me. Oh, I would never put this on anyone's shoulders; ultimately it'll be my decision and wouldn't dream of blaming anyone. Thank you! :smiley2:

You do know that even if TCS sends you some GREAT tart wax, they might break your heart later.

It seems I recall that a friend of mine posted she was finished with TCS wax. I'm not sure right now who that was, though.

What in the world could explain the mixture of different forms of the wax they are shipping? Can't they make up their mind or are they just sweeping the floor and boxing it up. I'd need to know before I bought any and began a major testing program.

JMO

Good luck to all, though. I sincerely hope you've found the perfect wax for melts and the supplier never disappoints you again.

Dave

You do know that even if TCS sends you some GREAT tart wax, they might break your heart later.

It seems I recall that a friend of mine posted she was finished with TCS wax. I'm not sure right now who that was, though.

What in the world could explain the mixture of different forms of the wax they are shipping? Can't they make up their mind or are they just sweeping the floor and boxing it up. I'd need to know before I bought any and began a major testing program.

JMO

Good luck to all, though. I sincerely hope you've found the perfect wax for melts and the supplier never disappoints you again.

Dave

Honestly, you hit that nail on the head! I put the CC back in its compartment after walking away for a cup of coffee and coming to my senses. Been there twice with that company, just now returning from a 2 month testing burnout, and quickly came to my senses.

ETA: My impulse shopping secret has been revealed. :)

Edited by jeanie353
additional

Honestly, you hit that nail on the head! I put the CC back in its compartment after walking away for a cup of coffee and coming to my senses. Been there twice with that company, just now returning from a 2 month testing burnout, and quickly came to my senses.

ETA: My impulse shopping secret has been revealed. :)

Good for you, friend!

You have, however, just made me crave a cup of "Joe"! I'm off to brew a pot! Mmmmmm!

Dave

Edited by emilyspoppy
Windows 8 "spell check" SUCKS!

I believe I've opened up a can of worms haha. I'm sure all the testing I've done over the years has forced me to lower my expectations and my opinion is not to be trusted. Lol.

These melts are beautiful in color, but kind of ugly in texture. They are all very rippled on top.

The pumpkin and vanilla still smells good at 10 hours, but it is lighter now for sure.

I'll keep y'all posted on my testing.

Edited by LeahRB

I believe I've opened up a can of worms haha. I'm sure all the testing I've done over the years has forced me to lower my expectations and my opinion is not to be trusted. Lol.

These melts are beautiful in color, but kind of ugly in texture. They are all very rippled on top.

The pumpkin and vanilla still smells good at 10 hours, but it is lighter now for sure.

I'll keep y'all posted on my testing.

Well, if they have the bumpy look on top, that's not "my beloved", lol

Dave, you made a very good point, and I want to thank you; you saved me a lot of aggravation and disappointment, I am sure :smiley2:

Dave, you made a very good point, and I want to thank you; you saved me a lot of aggravation and disappointment, I am sure :smiley2:

It's just because I love you nice ladies!

I'm also not sure that I'm up to another wickless wax marathon right now! (lol)

CBL-129 . . .CBL-129 . . . CBL-129 . . . . . . . .

85-63-07-14

96-04-02

07-11

What are those numbers for, Dave? The lottery? :laugh2: Bingo?![/quote

It's a mystery that can be answered by searching a thread in another forum.

I'll give you two hints, though.

They can both be found by checking out my new avatar.

04-01-22-05

Well then I'm glad I described them. It will save you a lot of heartache, lol. I'm trying to find a stand alone wax that will surpass my "beloved" blend of 4794/415. Hmmmm, I've never tried CBL-129. I may have to order some if this turns out to be a flop, lol. But, I'm still hopeful. :-)

Well then I'm glad I described them. It will save you a lot of heartache, lol. I'm trying to find a stand alone wax that will surpass my "beloved" blend of 4794/415. Hmmmm, I've never tried CBL-129. I may have to order some if this turns out to be a flop, lol. But, I'm still hopeful. :-)

When you say standalone do you mean a single wax, no blending? Is your goal a parasoy?

I've been testing Lavender and Vanilla (TCS) and Baked Apple (AH) today. The Lavender and Vanilla has been very good, the perfect strength, imo. The Baked Apple was almost too strong for the first couple hours and I never use those words (it could be this bout with nausea, though). It has toned down to a very enjoyable level. I'm looking forward to testing more.

If this wax works out, I'm going to have to figure out how to get them pretty. I'm not digging the bumpy tops, lol.

I had really good luck with the first few scents I tested, but I've had a lot of duds since. Plus, I'm not digging the texture. My search continues.

:(

I may pull my hair out! LOL I guess if testing were easy, it would not be as rewarding when we are successful. Game on!!

Edited by LeahRB

I have been a member for awhile.I never post,only read.I was reading this tread and wondered how you guys get a HT with only using 8% FO in you melts.I can't.I use the parasoy ,four clamshells and 3 0zs of FO.Go ahead and tell me i'm crazy.