Did anyone know

Ravens

there is more than one Crème Brulee offered by Starrville? I was there a few weeks ago, and found out there are 4 or 5 different CB :shocked2:. Didn't know that because I just go by what shows up on their website.

I remember a forum member mentioning that she lives pretty close to Starrville and buys FOs there; I think it is DebraPhelps, but haven't read any posts from her in quite some time. Would like to hear from her or someone else who is a "regular" at Starrville's, to give an opinion on the different Crème brulees - if they tried them.

Anyway, I ended up walking away with their latest crème brulee which, according to the owner, outsells all the other ones. Put it in wax, curing right now. OOB it smells definitely different from the one I always used (the one listed on their website); will see how it fares in candles and tarts. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Please let us know how you like it! I'm always looking for a great CB. I love Cajuns!

I was on Starrvilles website a couple of days ago and almost ordered some of their CB. I live in Texas but not close enough to them to drive over there without making a whole day of it!

I will let you know, Belinda.

Do you mind giving me your review of Cajun's Crème brulee? I had been thinking about trying it, but never got around to ordering it; they do sell some great, strong FOs though, don't they? :wink2:

Please let us know how you like it! I'm always looking for a great CB. I love Cajuns!

I was on Starrvilles website a couple of days ago and almost ordered some of their CB. I live in Texas but not close enough to them to drive over there without making a whole day of it!

I will let you know, Belinda.

Do you mind giving me your review of Cajun's Crème brulee? I had been thinking about trying it, but never got around to ordering it; they do sell some great, strong FOs though, don't they? :wink2:

I absolutely love Cajun's creme brûlée! It smells different to me than any I've tried. I would be glad to send you a sample! Just pm me your address.

Ok, as much as I've always loved Starrville's Crème brulee (original version, lol), this one is going to replace it; it will now be my new CB.

I'm lousy at describing fragrances, but this is one heck of a CB :drool: I know one shouldn't judge OOB, but when I first smelled it OOB, I could swear I detected a bit of.... liquor?

Belinda, thank you so much for the offer, but earlier today I placed an order with Cajun (I was running out of Christmas Memories), and added their CB to the order. Really appreciate the offer, though.

I will, Belinda.

They (the folks at Cajun's) claim Christmas Memories has been their best seller for over 10 years. Have no problem believing it, 'cause it's been one of my best sellers since I started offering it, and not only at Christmas time, but year-round.

I'm confused Ravens, which CB did you love the best LOL

Sorry, Lorelei, I should have explained better (that's what happens when I don't have enough caffeine coursing through my system :embarasse).

Ok, I've always loved the Crème Brulee that many other members here consider THE best CB, and it is from Starrville; here is the link:

http://www.tylerstarrville.com/soap-scent/cr-g/creme-brulee.html

But the one I like even better is the one called "Mike's Crème brulee". I don't have a link because it is simply listed under "New - Mike's Scents" in the navigation column.

See, I had no idea they carried more than one CB ('cause there is one only on the website... until now, that is) until I got there, smelled "Mike's CB", and decided right then and there I just had to have it and test it.

I did, and it is an absolute winner for me. Tested it in the 6006, the 4633 and 4786.... smashing!

I do wish they would work on their website, though :sad2:

Has anyone tried any of their other scents? How are they in strength as compared to other suppliers? I've been to their website several times but never actually ordered anything. I don't see much about them on here.

Thanks!

Got to try High Maintenance!!! Love it, love it, love it.

It appears to me (and I could be wrong, of course) that the owner (Mike) tries to maintain the website. He, like many, isn't the best at describing the FOs they sell; hence the lack of description or the rather "lame" ones, lol.

However, he was a delightful person to chat with, someone who definitely knows what in the heck he's talking about (Plus, he got extra bonus points with me because - with no prompting from me whatsoever - he said that zinc wicks are nearly always the best wicks for paraffin and will throw better than other wicks, however, they aren't self-trimming.... what a bummer, huh?). So there, confirmed the voices in my head, that of all the wicks I try with the paraffin waxes I use, the zincs never let me down for HT.

Lorelei, I'm not holding out on you, promise! Just creating a bit of anticipation? suspense? :laugh2: Drop me a line anytime, eh?

Has anyone tried any of their other scents? How are they in strength as compared to other suppliers? I've been to their website several times but never actually ordered anything. I don't see much about them on here.

Thanks!

Edited by Ravens

Ravens,

Thanks for the information! I will have to check out their oils. I'm glad you shared about zinc wicks. I've yet to make but one candle that seemed to be wicked right but the scent was so light (it was light in melts too) that it isn't one that I would use again. I tried to wick according to candle science's guide but wasn't having much luck there either. I'm planning to use 4630 as my container wax so I'm going to give zinc wicks a try!

When you get Cajun's creme brûlée, let me know if you think it smells like the one you got from Starrville please. I would like to order some of theirs but don't want to duplicate yet another FO! LOL!

Thanks again!

Ravens,

Thanks for the information! I will have to check out their oils. I'm glad you shared about zinc wicks. I've yet to make but one candle that seemed to be wicked right but the scent was so light (it was light in melts too) that it isn't one that I would use again. I tried to wick according to candle science's guide but wasn't having much luck there either. I'm planning to use 4630 as my container wax so I'm going to give zinc wicks a try!

When you get Cajun's creme brûlée, let me know if you think it smells like the one you got from Starrville please. I would like to order some of theirs but don't want to duplicate yet another FO! LOL!

Thanks again!

No problem, Belinda, but - in case senility gets in the way and I forget, hehehehe.... Jog my memory with a PM perhaps, k?

Speaking of memory, didn't Candle Science sell zinc wicks at one time? I think they did.

I tried 4630, years ago, but smoked too much for me. I love the 4633; some say it is exactly as the 4630, but I beg to differ.... to each her own, right?

I've also tried (and still use, whenever I feel patient - which is not very often!) the 6006 and I like it very much because it does not require re-pours. Many chandlers use the CD wicks successfully with the 6006, but they just don't give me the throw I want, so I wick it with zincs, wait for it to cure... :waiting:, and :waiting:, but when ready, it throws great with most FOs at 1 oz. pp.

Hth :smiley2:

Ravens,

Thanks again!

Edited by Ravens
typo

No problem, Belinda, but - in case senility gets in the way and I forget, hehehehe.... Jog my memory with a PM perhaps, k?

Speaking of memory, didn't Candle Science sell zinc wicks at one time? I think they did.

I tried 4630, years ago, but smoked too much for me. I love the 4633; some say it is exactly as the 4630, but I beg to differ.... to each her own, right?

I've also tried (and still use, whenever I feel patient - which is not very often!) the 6006 and I like it very much because it does not require re-pours. Many chandlers use the CD wicks successfully with the 6006, but they just don't give me the throw I want, so I wick it with zincs, wait for it to cure... :waiting:, and :waiting:, but when ready, it throws great with most FOs at 1 oz. pp.

Hth :smiley2:

I've been wondering what the difference was between 4630 and 4633. I may have to give 4633 a try! It might be easier for me to get 4633 to wick right.

Thanks for all your help!

Anytime, Belinda :smiley2: But please, just because it works (much) better for me does not mean you will like it better than the 4630, if that's what you use now.

Too bad they do not offer the 4633 at Peak's; it may help those who want to see for themselves the difference between the two waxes. You can buy samples of the waxes at Peak's but, as I mentioned, they don't carry 4633 :sad2:.

Let us know how it goes, ok? And good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Are you guys still in love with Mike's Creme Brûlée over their old standard? When I ordered they only had the Mike's now and I haven't compared the two yet. BTW, High Maintenance is over $35/lb now YIKES! Between that and the high handling charge it is hard to keep ordering from them. That new Creme Brûlée better rock!