essential depot soap molds

kayearthgrown

Thanks for the heads up on that one! I bought three of them for $22.00 apiece. Their web site is great and the prices and deals are pretty sweet. I have used them in the past but they didn't have such an extensive product line. I wish they had those molds in slabs too. Thanks again.

Steve

Thanks CB for the info. Three will fit in a shipping box and I thought what you could do would be to fill the other two molds (one on either side) with hot water to insure a complete gel (if that's what you like); not to mention making three logs of soap. I'm no longer in business but couldn't resist buying the molds, oo pomace, coconut, watermelon and rose fos for a little Christmas in July (been in withdrawals). I better not spend anymore money for wooden surrounds but who knows?

Steve

I was just on another soaping forum and someone there just bought a custom wood mold to fit her ED silicone mold. It was beautiful and really cheap. They also make other soap molds and will custom make a mold to your specs. Here is their link:

www.designcraftindustries.com

Their work is gorgeous! and the molds are so cheap compared to what I have seen at other wood soap mold suppliers. About half the cost.

Wow, Nurture has Rainbow Micas which they are saying are Pop replacements. Might be worth to get a sample and see how they compare. I still have a little of the Pops I've been hoarding.

YES! This is why I went to check Nurture Soap Supplies out in the first place. Someone mentioned they have POP replacments called Rainbow Micas. Haven't tried them but so far am loving the selection.

Please do check out Design Craft Industries site. I am bowled over by the beautiful craftmanship and dirt cheap wood mold prices! They are beautiful.

I just bought one of the ED molds this morning. Along with a soap cutter system from soapmakingresource. I wanted the soap cutter from ED but the price is way out of my range! So I found the one at SMR and bought that instead.

When I get more money I want to try out that mold maker and get a custom wood mold from Design Craft Industries for the ED silicone mold. The poster from the other forum mentioned she got hers for around $25. She didn't pay shipping cause she was close enough to pick it up.

I am so pleased with the molds (3 of them) and the fos are super good ob. I got a ton of organic cocoa butter for free and everything was packed just right. I made a watermelon soap last night, using Quiet Girl's recipe with cocoa butter subbed for the shea. The bottom layer is colored green with french clay and I added sea salt to make the bottom a salt bar and then a layer of pale green for the rind and finally red with poppy seeds for the melon. The watermelon is very nice and hopefully will stick. I'll probably unmold today and see what I got. Thanks.

Steve

Can we see what ya got, too?

I am so pleased with the molds (3 of them) and the fos are super good ob. I got a ton of organic cocoa butter for free and everything was packed just right. I made a watermelon soap last night, using Quiet Girl's recipe with cocoa butter subbed for the shea. The bottom layer is colored green with french clay and I added sea salt to make the bottom a salt bar and then a layer of pale green for the rind and finally red with poppy seeds for the melon. The watermelon is very nice and hopefully will stick. I'll probably unmold today and see what I got. Thanks.

Steve

Steve-- pics??!!

I've ordered from them twice now and have 2lbs of free cocoa butter! This last time when I ordered their red silicone mold I also ordered their beef tallow. It got here yesterday. I love the mold and can't wait to try the beef tallow! I want to make shaving soap with it.

I went ahead and ordered a custom made wood mold from Design Craft Industries. The mold plus shipping was only $29.90. Its hard to get a wood mold for that price let alone with shipping included. Will post pics when I get it in.

Edited by Candybee

post-2523-139458512007_thumb.jpgThe salt bar bottom is a little crumbly (50% ratio was too much salt) but overall I thought it turned out ok. The soap did not gel as expected and next time will put the mold in the oven. The French green clay in the bottom may have something to do with the crumbly-ness but I think next time I will use my salt bar recipe for the bottom. I used 33 ounces of oils with full water (no milk) and soaped at a very cool 80 degrees. This mold can take more than 3 pounds of soap and I will increase the amount to have a larger bar but the size is very nice and manageable. The watermelon fragrance is very nice and I added a little pom to sweeten a bit. Thanks for looking.

Steve

The soap turned out wonderfully, Steve. Did you use one of the new molds?

I picked up one of the 2lb log molds from Nurture that Candybee listed. It will be here Monday so excited to see how that works. She has a special with the mold that includes a sampler pack of the Rainbow micas. So, going to do a side by side test with the Pops. She does have pics on her website and they look pretty close.

Thanks for your support and yes this was one of my new Essential Depot red silicone loaf molds. The soap just fell out of the mold with no problem and cleaned up easily. A reviewer stated they couldn't get more than 3 1/2 pounds of soap in the mold but it looks like the mold will hold over 4 pounds to me. I need to get one of those wood holders cb but for now the cardboard box is ok...hmmm don't guess that could go into the oven? Maybe I need to go ahead and order one of those anyway, lol.

Steve

Steve-- I just got an email from Design Craft today. My mold arrives Monday. Their woodworking studio is in Tennessee and I live in Virginia. So the whole process for me took less than 2 weeks. I can hardly wait til Monday to get my new custom mold! For only $29.90 per mold I can afford to buy more.

I am so glad you mentioned the soap comes out easily from the ED mold. I was hoping it did. Do you just wash out with water or wipe it out with paper towels?

BTW-- the box the ED mold comes in is perfect for holding the mold. So I can go ahead and use it while I'm waiting for my new wood mold to get here.

Proudmarinemom - did you get the Rainbow micas too?

Nurture's wood mold that fits the ED liner is $45 (without shipping) and is made of Russion Birchwood. It can take heat up to 200 degrees. I think it also comes apart as it has those screws on the side take apart molds have.

The Design Craft Industries mold that fits the ED liner is $29.90 plus shipping. I ordered the poplar or pine. It is made into one sold piece with a fitted lid. Sorry, forgot which wood I ordered it in but you get 3 wood choices with the poplar/pine? being the cheapest. I didn't ask about what temps the mold can take as I am not planning to put it in the oven. But if I want to make salt bars I will email them and ask. It probably does as my other wood molds can.

Proudmarinemom - did you get the Rainbow micas too?

Yes, the Rainbows are actually included with the purchase of their 2 lb silicone mold. So, I thought that made the cost of the mold pretty good.

I've been having a hard time with those silicone molds from WSP and BB and the soap releasing. I'm hoping this mold works like my larger Woodfields, which I love. Would like to pick up one or two of the ED molds. Nurture lowered the price of their mold box for the liner by $5.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I've never used a silicone mold before except for a small embed mold for my M&P. So I am hoping my CP soap pops out of the ED mold like Steve says.

I mistated the price of the Design Craft wood mold. Its $29.90 with shipping included. The mold itself is under $25. Its a great price for a custom wood mold. Best I've seen.

• 5 months later...
I was just on another soaping forum and someone there just bought a custom wood mold to fit her ED silicone mold. It was beautiful and really cheap. They also make other soap molds and will custom make a mold to your specs. Here is their link:

www.designcraftindustries.com

Their work is gorgeous! and the molds are so cheap compared to what I have seen at other wood soap mold suppliers. About half the cost.

I am new here but was looking for another option to support my ED mold because the first thing I did when I got my Design Craft Industries box was to CPOP a loaf to see if the lid would help prevent ash formation. I did the 175 degrees for an hour and then just left it in until the next day. When I opened my oven, my heart sank. The box had separated at the seams. It isn't nailed or tacked and the glue apparently melts at 175 degrees. It fit my mold perfectly and would be fine for CP or even HP but don't put it in the oven! I just wanted to warn you.