Crystals of some sort...anyone know?

• 5 months later...

@ Scented - They were crystals. Small not polished crystals. Like Amethyst, Rose, etc... They were in melts, glass jars and pillars. I just can't remember where I saw them. I thin it was online. I will post the link once i remember the name of the site. I have had the same idea and hence doing some further research into it.

Honestly I'd buy one first and test burn it. Seems to me those pretty "crystals" could look like crap after a few hours burning. Depending on what they are some may even float to the bottom of the jar as it gets close to the bottom. May not look so pretty after awhile. Just my 2 cents.

My guess is rock salt (driveway or water softener). They can be colored to look like colored crystals. Very inexpensive. The melting point of salt is around 1500F, so it isn't going to melt, and it doesn't combust like sugar. It will sink to the bottom of the melt pool as the candle burns. There may be a slight potential for wicking action if you use too much.

Guest OldGlory

That looks exactly like the crystal potpourri that I made in years past. Sold tons of the stuff and then it fell out of favor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will make a come back one day :)