Soy Tart Questions

GoldieMN

I want to make 100% soy tarts. Going to order Ecosoya Pillar Blend as suggested by some on this forum. Do I mix this with my 415? Or just use the PB. Also, do I go with the same formula of l lb. to 1 ounce of FO? Finally, if I use EOs, do I use less oil?

Goldie

Yes, mix it with 415...try a 50/50 blend. For tarts, I personally increase the fo load to 10-12%, but I make for personal use so not concerned with cost. I dont use EO's so cant help there.

Guest OldGlory

There have been several threads on essential oil usage in the last 6 months.

I started my business with essential oils because I wanted a non-chemical laden candle. Then I moved to fragrance oils.

The short answer is that it depends on the oil. Some are very potent, some are very light. Which essential oils were you wanting to use?

There have been several threads on essential oil usage in the last 6 months.

I started my business with essential oils because I wanted a non-chemical laden candle. Then I moved to fragrance oils.

The short answer is that it depends on the oil. Some are very potent, some are very light. Which essential oils were you wanting to use?

I'm a Young Living distributor and want to use their oils. The store I'm in is adding products like room spray made with these oils.

I was only going to use the 415 since I have that on hand for votives/jars. I will order both PB and Excel for the tarts. For now, I may pour soy tarts with no FO or EO. Customer can melt the tart then add their own EO.

Goldie

I've never heard of not putting FO in a wax melt. I don't think people will buy them if they don't have scent. Most people don't really have scents lying around, that's why they buy them.

The place I would sell them has customers with EO on hand as they use them in their daily lives.

Goldie

Interesting. I'm curious to see how well this does for you then. :) My sister just bought a ton of EO's for her family and I looked through the book while I was visiting this weekend. It was pretty interesting.

Honestly Young Living EO's are a TOTAL rip off! There is absolutely no way you will ever be able to make melts using their oils. A melt even using EO will use about an oz of eo per lb of wax by weight. Clove EO from Young Living Item No: 3524

Customer Price: $20.07

clove bud eo from Camden Grey is that price for 8 ounces, Young Living is 1/2 oz same price! LOL

Honestly Young Living EO's are a TOTAL rip off! There is absolutely no way you will ever be able to make melts using their oils. A melt even using EO will use about an oz of eo per lb of wax by weight. Clove EO from Young Living Item No: 3524

Customer Price: $20.07

clove bud eo from Camden Grey is that price for 8 ounces, Young Living is 1/2 oz same price! LOL

Not trying to argue with you about the price as they definitely are more expensive. The difference is Young Living is therapeutic-grade and can be taken internally. Most EOs cannot. I use the oils on a daily basis and have saved me and my family TONS of money so are well worth it.

I guess Doterra ones can be take internally also. I was amazed at how much they were. She also paid a TON for a small bottle of fractionated coconut oil. I told her she could get that for so much cheaper elsewhere but she seems to be in the mind that it's more expensive so it must be better.

I guess Doterra ones can be take internally also. I was amazed at how much they were. She also paid a TON for a small bottle of fractionated coconut oil. I told her she could get that for so much cheaper elsewhere but she seems to be in the mind that it's more expensive so it must be better.

Hmmm, I use organic coconut oil similar to what you suggested I'm guessing. I'll have to research the fractionated. Thanks!

Goldie