Scam

I had a gentleman from Nigeria contact me last week via email wanting a huge amount of products off my website. At first I was so excited, then I started getting suspicious. A lot of little clues like he wanted 100 dipped bears various scents and colors- my decision and when I questioned him saying these bears range in price from $ 16- $30 because I dress them up he didn't respond. Also he asked for 10-8oz and 10-14oz candles, scent Apple Jack'n Peel which is the first scent on the scents available list. I thought that was strange that it wasn't more of a mixture. I only have paypal right now for credit cards so that was a problem- he asked me to go to a store or friend and use their approval machine and charge another $100 for the store owner's help. This guy was throwing $ around left and right. THEN .... last night he emails asking for a favor- he wanted me to buy 6 cell phones for gifts for his fiancés' relatives that were coming into town for their wedding. As I'm writing this it dawns on me he said they were prominent- if so shouldn't they already have phones. I said no and he emailed 3 more times begging me to find away. So I emailed Primmart who my website was through to figure out a way to make sure then wasn't a scam. The email I received back confirmed my suspicisions- she said other clients had been duped - that products were sent and the money was no good. So glad I followed my "too good to be true" feeling and checked into this.

Just wanted to share this in case others come across something like this. ;)

I have gotten five or six emails like that over the past year or so. I always just delete them. Pretty much everything like that from Nigeria etc. is a scam. If they continue emailing me I just tell them I don't ship internationally and delete their emails.

I get a bunch of those a year. They come from different places and different addresses. Rule of thumb: tell anyone wanting a large international order that it must be paid for in advance with a money order or a certified bank check. Then you will be sure that the order is legitimate.

This has been discussed many times, by many members in the past. Mostly on the old board. I don't have a website and have not been contacted so I have no advice personally. But you may be able to find out some more info on the old board posted by people who have dealt with them. There may be some suggestions posted. I can't remember for sure, I just remember reading warnings from others to beware of these people. I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going on before it was to late.