Best Place to buy Clamshells?

jackbenimble

Hi I wanted some reviews on getting clamshells. I have mostly got them from COOP in the past.

I'm looking at getting them from either Impact, Panic, eclamshell- I know the min is high but that's okay.

Also I may end up ordering from Lonestar or Candle Science too.

Should i stay away from any of these places because they are know to have a plastic smell? I've read alot of reviews and there's alot of different opinions. Thanks for any help!

Edited by jackbenimble

Impact has a 2 case (875 pieces each case) minimum at $140 per case. So far I've liked theirs the best of the ones I've used. I think we opened our last case this month and will probably be reordering soon as we have a couple fundraisers coming in this week that will run us low. Let me know if you decide to host a co-op!

I'm more interested in this plastic smell I keep hearing about. I've had the impact clams as well the eclamshell clams from a coop. My experience was good with both in regards to the smell. Eclamshell is very hard to open though so I don't think I would get them again.

I am not interested in hosting a coop at this time.

Still looking for reviews on Panic brand clamshells. Thanks!

I am currently looking at one of the clamshells (smaller six-cavity) that I purchased from Candlescience and an assortmrnt of four from WalMart. (Better Homes & Gardens & Scent Sationals). There are all nearly identical, but from slightly apparant different molds. The differences are very subtle. The desity of the plastic appears identical. The hang tops the same. None have a plastic odor or difficulty in opening or resealing. The Walmart clams were $2.00 each and have a very good stong cold throw. I have not tested them yet.

JMO/HTH

Dave

Hi I wanted some reviews on getting clamshells. I have mostly got them from COOP in the past.

I'm looking at getting them from either Impact, Panic, eclamshell- I know the min is high but that's okay.

Also I may end up ordering from Lonestar or Candle Science too.

Should i stay away from any of these places because they are know to have a plastic smell? I've read alot of reviews and there's alot of different opinions. Thanks for any help!

I am thinking any clamshell you use would be fine..I think the skunky..plastic smell you are worried about come's from vendor's who pour too hot and the plastic actually melt's some. HTH. :)

I am thinking any clamshell you use would be fine..I think the skunky..plastic smell you are worried about come's from vendor's who pour too hot and the plastic actually melt's some. HTH. :)

I think this might be the case as well.

Thanks everyone for your input! :-)