Jar Suggestions - 4630 Wax.

Good Morning,

I am currently testing 4630 straight and blended, and as others have experienced, the throw is not really where I want it for various scents. I am using the 12 oz Status. I am picking out the scents that do throw strong using that jar, which one is "Birds of Paradise" from Peaks, and also "Mulberry" from Candle Wic -- but do you suggest other jars that I may get a better throw? Or can you suggest the scents w/ supplier that does throw strong if you use that jar? I am using Zinc, and CD wicks. I know the apothecary will give a nice throw, but I haven't ventured into the double wicking part of the woods yet, although I have read that a CD 20 or CD 22 may do the trick with some scents. But currently, I have my eye on the Salsa Jar. To the basics, I am looking for a Jar that my wax will throw well in and is fairly easy to wick. Anyway, If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

So for using either straight sided jar or jars with the shoulder (Which I am going to try next) do you find yourself topping off a lot? The reason I ask is, I have poured from 130 - up to 175 and have gotten sink holes and shrunken wax. I had made a 4630 / 464 blend a few weeks ago. Both were the status jars. One- there was a sink hole around the wick - but nothing that the heat gun couldnt handle. The other one was Perfect --so I thought... until I burned it. It burned for about 1 minute, and then the flame got really big. And of course the surprise was a big hole that was under the surface. So I learned from that experience that the pour temperatures are very important and testing is the Most Important. So 4630 does shrink. So my question is, Does adding 464 to the 4630 decrease shrinkage? My blend was 80% 464 and 20% 4630. Very beautiful texture and nice smooth tops after burning. My work area is usually around 80 Degrees. I try to pour around 170 - 175.

The only thing I didnt like about the 12 oz Masons was the flame Huula danced too much for me. I had poured Blueberry Muffin into that Jar. The Throw was out of this world, but the wick seemed to scream for air at a FMP. Unless that is the norm. That jar is pretty easy to wick.

The only thing I didnt like about the 12 oz Masons was the flame Huula danced too much for me. I had poured Blueberry Muffin into that Jar. The Throw was out of this world, but the wick seemed to scream for air at a FMP. Unless that is the norm. That jar is pretty easy to wick.

I think it's normal for the flame to flicker a lot when it drops lower into the jar because of the convection currents of the air. It happens to me with the Status jar too.