NEW! Ball Heritage Collection vintage blue pint masons

I agree! I do not even make candles and I am trying to come up with a reason to buy them!

You can make your tarts in the form of white crumbles to put in those jars with a cute little scoop tied to the neck.

Edited by HorsescentS

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, dear. New format, new labels...learning of these jars is gonna cost me!

Already cost me. I had to buy a couple cases to try out. *sigh* That's a great idea by the way, the wax crumbles with the wooden scoop. Yup, may have to try that. :)

Crumbles? What do they look like? Sounds cute!

Loving these jars!! So gonna get me some!!! Thanks for sharing :)

lol Pita....This addiction never takes a rest.

I think crumbles look like streusel topping. Have seen it at other websites and that's how it looks to me anyway. I think we'd need to add some container wax to a pillar or tart wax to get it to crumble properly rather than be too brittle. Then again, I'm only guessing on that.

Maybe someone who does this will chime in.

I love the color blue and my preference is the plain/smooth jar. How do you come up with all of your discoveries?

Usually, someone stumbles across a find, posts about it and additional ideas get added as the thread moves along.

My preference is normally with a smooth jar also but for some reason I'd prefer the raised lettering on the blue ones. Probably because of not planning to label them or cover up the pretty jar. I'm seriously interested in the crumbles with a little wood scoop tied with twine or raffia around the neck.

Oh noooo, why did I read this thread, I don't need anymore ideas meandering in my head!

Haha! I remember you once posted you have a crush on the regular version of that jar anyway, so the blue ones will be even more irresistible! Whatever happened to the Beach Cottage line you were working on in the pint mason with the cute hang tags, did you add it to your store?

Edited by HorsescentS

Haha! I remember you once posted you have a crush on the regular version of that jar anyway, so the blue ones will be even more irresistible! Whatever happened to the Beach Cottage line you were working on in the pint mason with the cute hang tags, did you add it to your store?

Great memory Horsescents! The Cottage line morphed in with the coconut line and a totally different jar. It takes me forever to get my ideas into a working concept because I'm always getting distracted by new ideas....lol must be an ADD issue!

Great memory Horsescents! The Cottage line morphed in with the coconut line and a totally different jar. It takes me forever to get my ideas into a working concept because I'm always getting distracted by new ideas....lol must be an ADD issue!

You could use these blue jars to do a Mermaid or Neptune line, and decorate them with pieces of sea glass and shells tied around the jar on a little piece of fishing net twine or something.

You could use these blue jars to do a Mermaid or Neptune line, and decorate them with pieces of sea glass and shells tied around the jar on a little piece of fishing net twine or something.

Excellent Idea Horsescents, now you know I'm going to get those jars! :cool2:

I picked up my two cases of blue Ball jars from the hardware store today. It cost aprox $21.00 for two cases of 6 jars. When I got out to my car in the natural light and pulled a jar out of the plastic covering, the shade of blue looked absolutely glorious! It could not be a prettier shade of blue, IMO. I love them!

I picked up my two cases of blue Ball jars from the hardware store today. It cost aprox $21.00 for two cases of 6 jars. When I got out to my car in the natural light and pulled a jar out of the plastic covering, the shade of blue looked absolutely glorious! It could not be a prettier shade of blue, IMO. I love them!

Jealous! I have not found them yet! Do not know what I am going to do with them when I find them but I want them! haha!

I'm still looking for some locally. They are not on the Ace Hardware site yet nor in my local store. Hoping when I go out and about this weekend I might be able to snag some then.

I'm still looking for some locally. They are not on the Ace Hardware site yet nor in my local store. Hoping when I go out and about this weekend I might be able to snag some then.

Even if they're not on Ace's website, they might be in their warehouse. Just call a few hardware stores in your area and give them the item number for the jars, which is posted in this thread, and ask them to see if that item number is at their warehouse. They'll call their warehouse and check on it for you. That's how I found mine.