Oils on my car=ruined paint

I am so upset! I ordered some oils off the classies. My mail lady set the box of oils on my car..the oils leaked thru the box! I just got my car in July. I can't even believe anyone would do that. It was raining that day so I don't know if she thought it wouldn't get wet or what...:mad::mad:

Wow...that's horrible! I would talk to your mail lady and tell her what happened. She is going to be mortified too I bet. But also

didn't the person that sent them to you from the classies tape up the lids with electrical tape? I thought that was standard

practice when shipping oils. At least I do that when I have sent oils. Too risky not to!

How awful I agree diden't the person you bought from tape the bottles so they don't leak. I know I have had people I bought from on the classies. Diden't tape the tops of the bottles I purchased and when I got them it was a mess. One time I had a big order from the classies here About 12 bottles of FO and a full bottle of cinnamon leaked all over the box and other scents. I was so pissed it was such a mess. I even ruined part of my kitchen counter tring to clean it up.

Yes..they were wrapped in black electrical tape and a ziplock bag but 2 of them had leaked so I'm not at all saying it was her fault..my car was parked near my front door..but I'm totally not getting why she set it on my car..I just got it in July! I'm just worried they might say why did you wait a few days before you let us know but I've been working longer hours than I usually do! I just can't believe this!

Well..so not good! She said she didn't do that. Nobody was home when the mail was delivered. The rest of our mail was also underneath the box..(letters) so who else would of done that? My hubby got home a few minutes before I did and he was still outside doing things in his work truck..so we both seen it at the same time! I have cried so much about this..

So sorry to hear what happened to you.

You definitely need to let the PO know. I never heard of any mail or packages being left on a personal possession like a car. I know the ups guy will wrap the package in a plastic bag on rainy days. Doesn't the PO come equipped with bags to do the same?!!!

I've had our mail lady do the same thing either on my car or just sitting in my driveway but never had any damage done. It's

just pure laziness as far as I'm concerned. I did report her to the Post Office and it never happened again now all packages

on left on my front porch. Turn it into your insurance company right away and let them deal with it.

So the mail lady said she didn't put the mail on top of your car, with the package...and you said your hubby was still outside doing stuff in his work truck when you got home. Are you sure he didn't grab the mail and set it on top of your car and is just not owning up to it now? Sorry...not accusing him...but that's what my hubby would do LOL. As a former mail carrier myself...I find it ODD that a carrier would put a package and your mail on top of a car and just leave it there. Not saying some carriers don't do that stuff, but why not just bag it and set it on the porch? I always carried bags...always...and used them often on rainy days for packages. Never did I leave mail outside of the box though...never! Plus, if I had a leaky smelly package...you can bet your patootie that thing would have been bagged. FO or not....driving around with some perfumey stuff wouldn't have cut it for me in those days.

There was 2 letters underneath the box and part of one of them had oil on it. I ask hubby and he said he didn't touch the box..when I seen it sitting on my car I looked at him and said why is my box sitting on my car? He said..yeah, that's weird! She had never did that before and I thought that was strange too! I never thought to turn it into my house insurance..duh! They'll be getting a call first thing Monday morning! If not for bad luck..don't think I would have any luck:cry2::cry2::cry2:

I had to go talk to the postmaster once when I had ordered oils and got the notice they were delivered. They were NOT. Long story short he called the mail lady and she said she specfically remembered putting them in OUR mailbox. He asked me if I had checked other mailboxes (it's on a cul de sac with 15 other mailboxes because we live on a private road and they will NOT deliver mail door to door on it). I said no I had not and would check when I got home. He then said...you CAN'T do that...go into other people's mailbox. I'm like....a second ago you asked me if I had checked IN THEIR mailboxes. DUH!!! Bottom line...that afternoon I went for the mail and guess what was in our box...yep...my fragrance oils. So...the mail lady lied. She's long gone and the one we have now is GREAT!!!

Edited by Maggie