Scentsy Warmers

annie123

Guest OldGlory

You know, some of us need to infiltrate the Scentsy organization and find out firsthand what sort of info they're telling their reps. I work with a woman who completely misrepresents one of the men's fragrances we sell. She tells people it's all natural which isn't true. She didn't get it from the company's resources - she just stretches/distorts the truth. She has no qualms about misleading the customers.

I don't know why people do that.

• 1 year later...

I used to sell scentsy. I know, I'm sorry lol. It was before I discovered the wonderful world of homemade. I was never taught the wall thing just to explain that our wax was safe since a lot of customers were concerned about that. I find it odd they are bashing on soy since their blend is parasoy. I believe it though as I have personally witnessed consultants telling all sorts of made up craziness trying to make the sale.

As far as the warmers go yes it voids the scentsy warranty to melt other vendors. The only way they would be able to tell that you maybe have melted another vendor would be if the warmer were discolored. Some dyes do discolor the warmers and scentsy's does not.

I did find this on a rep's website... maybe this is the "wall" thing?

The most common concern with “burning” petroleum vs. vegetable waxes have gone on for years and Scentsy have finally been able to step up and think outside the box. Rather than burn the wax and polluting the air, walls or furniture Scentsy warmers heat up the wax to your natural body heat to release the scent out of the wax leaving the wax in the warmer. The issue of what type of wax burns cleaner is not an issue and if ever asked I am always quick to tell our customers that Scentsy wax is just there to hold the scent and release it. Scentsy has invested millions to create the most efficient wax that won’t get to hot and is safer than any Soy or Vegetable candle. I would rather have a Petroleum based wax in a warmer than having a soy wax candle dispersed into my house or lungs any day.

What does "heat up the wax to your natural body heat" mean??

Natural body heat?  Back when I had hot flashes I might have been able to melt a tart!  LOL    Sounds like a snakeoil salesman spewing a big line. 

I know this conversation went way off track, but I recommend, if you are going to tell people your melts work in a Scentsy warmer, that you buy a warmer and test.  I tested my melts in a full-sized, square warmer and I am a bit heavy on the parrafin as they never melt all the way.  I'm working on tweaking my formula.  I have tested my melts in numerous other warmers and I think it is the square shape that gives me issues.

I know this conversation went way off track, but I recommend, if you are going to tell people your melts work in a Scentsy warmer, that you buy a warmer and test.  I tested my melts in a full-sized, square warmer and I am a bit heavy on the parrafin as they never melt all the way.  I'm working on tweaking my formula.  I have tested my melts in numerous other warmers and I think it is the square shape that gives me issues.

Georgia, I've had scentsy wax not melt completely in the square scentsy warmers, but melt fine in round ones. I concluded that is was definitely the shape.

• 2 weeks later...

That is really great and a must. I just asked, this week, on my Facebook Group page who melts my wax in which type warmer-light bulb or plate warmer and it was split or some said both. I test both and developed a wax blend that performs equally in both.

Your wax will beat their wax. No question.

LOL,

Holds more fragrance!! Well wax can only hold the recommened percentages now, right!!

Also, there are soem Scentsy people on this board, so beware!

A wickless candle is a highly fragrant wax bar that is warmed to release fragrance into the air. Because the wax is gently warmed rather than burned, it can hold more fragrance oil than a traditional candle. And, because there is no flame, there is no smoke, soot, or lead. Scentsy wickless candles

Edited by Karen M

actually my melts do have more fragrance than my pillars....no wick to mess with, I can load it up and not worry about the burn.

And I tested the Scentsy melt and I did not care for it at all.  It was supposed to be frosted ginger cookie....not so much!

Why would scentsy people be in here? I mean if their wax is the "bomb" and their warmers only work with their wax....what could they possibly benefit from us.....just saying LOL

This cracks me up the quotes from scentsy people- they lie to make sales - I had a customer last week come into the shop to buy mulch- saw my candles and melts and huffed that she couldn't buy them even though they smelled so good- I asked why she couldn't buy them...I have a scentsy warmer and if I put anything in it but scentsy wax I could have a possible fire and scentsy wax detoxes the air and I have bad allergies....LMAO

All I told her was she was being lied to and gave her a free sample to try if she would like

Not sure why these particular reps are like this- Partylite reps are not and neither are any other home party reps I have been to

Edited by moonshine