FO Storage

kandlekrazy

How do you organize your fo?

I'm still trying to figure out the easiest way to organize my fo...I keep them in a dark cool cabinet in small storage bins right now by Supplier (some mixed if I only get a few from those suppliers). As I'm starting to eliminate suppliers or oils are gone from ones that closed I'm buying from different places now and it's getting difficult to find my scents without going through 6 boxes. Not to mention my memory ain't what it used to be!

Other than putting them out on a shelf alphabetically, any suggestions? I can't stand the smell of all of them if they are not enclosed in something.

Yes, I have OCD so maybe alphabetical would be my best bet.:laugh2:

i store my fo's in amber glass..

the glass comes in box with a dozen, with dividers..

I store them in a dark cool closet..

I put a large 3 x 4 shipping label on the end of the box..and number it..1-12...or however many boxes you have..

I then on my computer..list all my fo's in the number for the box..

i then just pull up my fragrance file on my computer..find what box the fo is in...and pull that box.

I was like you..i was killing my back getting out all the boxes looking for a fo, and as usual it was the last box i got out..lol

this system is working good for me..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

8-GRAN-ONES and I both rebottle into amber glass for storage. My bottles came in a case of 96 so I had to find another way of storing them. At the local Family Tree ($1-type store) they have a plastic file box that has a handle on top. The snap closures are very secure and I can fit a dozen bottles. I run my alphabetical list off on the computer and tape it to the box. I have a separate box just for holiday specific FOs. Hubby put extra shelves in the closet and that's where the 8 boxes are stored. The smaller ones (1-4 oz) are grouped by supplier in a smaller box and grouped by supplier.

Thanks so much for the replies, I figured I was going to need to alphabetize them. I'm cleaning out all my b&b stuff since I'm making so very little of it so my fo smaller plastic storage boxes can all fit lined up on one shelf of my cabinet. No more by supplier for me, since I don't buy less than 8 oz at a time...just not working out. I'm expanding my candles/melts into another store and I need to be really organized so I can spend less time looking and more time making!