Another horse pillar, added full candle pic

pdevine

I posted that size 3x4 under the wrong candle. This one is actually a 6x6x5 pillar. Now, I forget who asked what,,,,LOL. Bruce I will try and get a better all around picture and post it today. The mold for the embed came from Firts Impression Molds as did the mold for the horse head on the 3x4 pillar. Thanks so much for your nice comments. Portia

OMG, its beautiful. I remember seeing that much earlier on the board. I have horses and would love to give that a try. Please tell us how you got the layered wax at angles like you did. Did you just splash it? Did you pour into cold mold? Did you use chunks? It looks so natural. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all again! Basically what I do is:

1) Pour about 1/4" of scented, undyed wax into a cold mold and slosh around up on the sides about 1/2 way up the mold. I do this in a messy type fashion.

2) Let that set until what's left in the bottom of the mold has somewhat set up. Then I do the same with my next color (sky) only using more wax on this layer. Then I tilt my mold onto something and let that set up.

3) Same as #2, only this is the layer when I insert the embed. With my embed in place, I slosh a few layers of my 2nd color over the horse to cover him and hold him in place. Then I attach (if needed) a binder clip to his feet and the mold to hold him in place. Tilt my mold and let this layer set.

4) Same as #2 & #3, only I let this layer set up on a flat surface and not tilted. Wait until this layer is set really good and do my final pour.

5) Then, when I unmold the candle, I take a knife and carve around him and lift any wax off of his surface.

Wa la, it's as simple as that. Also, I used 4045H wax for this candle and it's a 3 wicker. Thanks,,,,,,Portia