My newest addiction - jewelry

MoonShadow

Candles, soap....and NOW...just what I needed, another addiction My newest addiction is making beaded jewelry. I took a couple of classes to learn some stitches. This set is my latest creation, inspired by a visit to Bora Bora where I saw the most gorgeous black and white pearl jewelry over 20 years ago.

(It's been in my head ever since.) :laugh2:

[ATTACH]25660[/ATTACH]

post-4203-139458507688_thumb.gif

Thanks!!!! Like I said, the "vision" has been in my head for a long time. I was very pleased with the outcome! I'm working on a beaded bracelet for my DIL for Mother's Day. In the middle row of beads there are gold letter beads that will spell out the 3 grandkids names separated with an AB crystal. The outside rows will have Swarvski cystals in the colors of their birthstones and gold seed beads. And it will have a gold "Mom" charm having from the clasp.

Guest OldGlory

Really gorgeous! I would love to know how to do that.

I play at making jewelry. It's my anti-eating fix because it keeps my hands busy and has a bonus of producing something wearable.

I haven't poured a candle in probably 2 years. I was doing quilting and sewing and made a few things. I WILL get back to it because I do love sewing. Then summer came and that's my sun and pool time. I was making the ruffle scarves...made about 20 of those and said that's enough for now. I was looking through my crafterschoice.com catalog for December and saw a book called Mastering Peyote. They showed a cuff bracelet that I fell in love with. I ordered the book and I found that the bracelet is not a beginner's project. So I ordered 2 beadweaving books for beginners. Right now I am making 2 bracelets. I bought all of my supplies at Michael's because I didn't want to spend a lot of money at the bead shop and then find out I don't like making jewelry. Well...I LOVE IT! I had 2...2 strands to a card...in my shopping basket but when I got home there was only 1 in my bag...checked my receipt and I wasn't charged for 2. So the checkout lady must have missed it on the counter. I went back to buy more beads and my Michael's was in the process of re-doing the whole jewelry department. Beads were now in shopping baskets and I was told I could look through the basket but not take any beads out to get to the bottom. The dept. manager said they would be finished by this weekend and if I couldn't find what I needed to come back next week. I didn't bother looking through the baskets because they were stacked so full I was afraid I would spill them. I ended up buying some other beads and will probably finish this bracelet over the weekend and then go back Tuesday and get the other beads that I need. Next project is a pendant necklace. Eventually I WILL work up to making that cuff bracelet that I love.

Right beside my X DIL's hair salon that I go to every Thursday morning there is a bead shop. I stopped in there on Thursday and the woman was super nice. She said they do have classes. I told her I will check their website and if I see a peyote stitch class I will be there.

Sorry for the long post. But I am very excited about another new craft that I am loving.

I was so excited to add to the post that I forgot to tell MoonShadow that her jewelry set is gorgeous.

And yes ChandlerWicks...I CAN see this becoming very addictive. I never dreamed in a million years that I would love making jewelry...it never interested me till I saw that picture of the cuff bracelet. lol

The hoarding is becoming a problem! I dream of cases of beads all for me!

I was so excited to add to the post that I forgot to tell MoonShadow that her jewelry set is gorgeous.

And yes ChandlerWicks...I CAN see this becoming very addictive. I never dreamed in a million years that I would love making jewelry...it never interested me till I saw that picture of the cuff bracelet. lol