ISO Essential Oil Supplier

snowman

Guest OldGlory

I will offer a suggestion on which company NOT to buy from: Camden-Grey.

I started my business with essential oils, and I did a year's worth of testing different EOs from a variety of companies. Got very expensive.

The trouble with EOs is that they are natural, and as we all know nature doesn't distribute all things evenly. One canteloupe may be super sweet, one may have no flavor at all. Same with the sources of EOs, so you really cannot always get a consistent scent from a natural product. Then there is the issue of how the EO is produced. Is it expeller pressed? Is it extracted using chemical solvents? The method of extraction will produce different results too. So pay attention to this aspect when buying EOs.

My purpose in avoiding Camden-Grey has to do with customer service and how much the company (and it's representatives) knows about the products they are selling. Most EOs have a shelf life of about 6 months - 1 year. There are a few that actually get better with age in most circumstances, and those are the resinous EOs, like sandalwood, patchouli, etc. I recently wanted to order some Patchouli from C-G but I wanted to buy a small bottle first, then buy a larger bottle from the same batch if I liked the scent. They said no, they could not promise a larger bottle from the same batch, that their EO turnover was quite fast, but that I should be cautioned that none of their EOs were shelf safe for longer than 6 months. So, either they don't know that resinous EOs should have a longer shelf life, or their method of extraction creates a shorter shelf life. Either way, my confidence in ordering from them was gone.

I would get comfortable with the level of customer service from a company and their product knowledge before deciding who to buy from.

Try Majestic Mountain Sage.